Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 15.60" of rain and CYA

1. Back To Top    #1

15.60" of rain and CYA

Finally checked CYA on start up this season after using pucks all last season. I wanted to start BBB last year but The acid in the pucks helped keep PH in check with the new plaster so I went that route knowing CYA would be crazy high. This season started BBB and checking CYA it was way above 200 probably even 300. Lowered and refilled the pool 18" twice in the last 3 weeks to start dropping the CYA. Mother nature sent 15" of rain in the last month helping me get the rest removed without having to drag the hose out and refill. Sometimes too much rain is a good thing. CYA last night was right at 50. Bad thing was it rained all this holiday weekend and the water temp was 69. Kids werent too happy about that.
    20'x 48" Intex.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: 15.60" of rain and CYA

Glad Mother Nature could assist you in lowering the CYA!
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

Same thing happened in our area - soaked. This was the first time I had to add stabilizer to increase my CYA. And yes, everyone was grouchy when the waterline hit their bellybuttons this weekend.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Love those rains. My CYA is pretty much at the limit for a salt pool. I'm looking forward to a few big rains too.
    11K gal IG screened-in plaster pool w/ spa
    pentair 150 cartridge filter, Pentair Intelliflow VS pump,
    Aquarite AQR15 SWG, AquaCal Heatwave Heat Pump, TF-100 test kit