Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Noisy, leaky pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Noisy, leaky pump

Last year toward the end of the swimming season, we replaced our pump motor. We just opened the pool last week, and the motor seems to be noisier than it was last year and I noticed a small drip of water from the bottom. I would not think the bearings are bad already but perhaps water is leaking inside? Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Noisy pump - YouTube
    Priscilla
    16x32 inground vinyl, 15,000gal, Sta-Rite filter 200 lb. sand filter, Century 1 H.P motor, built 2000, TF 100 testkit with stirrer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Noisy, leaky pump

Does anyone have any suggestions about this pump noise & leak? What should we check? Thanks!

Priscilla
    16x32 inground vinyl, 15,000gal, Sta-Rite filter 200 lb. sand filter, Century 1 H.P motor, built 2000, TF 100 testkit with stirrer

3. Back To Top    #3

Did you replace the gasket between the motor and pump? If not, the gasket could be cracked and leaking
    14.5K gallon IG plaster pool, 1K gallon spa, dual 2hp Jandy pumps, 60 sqft DE filter, 400K BTU NG heater. Dual waterfalls, Jandy Aquapure SWG, Polaris cleaner with 3/4 HP pump, Aqualink RS. See my pool here.

Thanks!, Austin

4. Back To Top    #4

I will have husband check that. I am sure he did not replace any gasket last year . Thanks!

Priscilla