Water getting a little cool!

Jun 2, 2008
Marana, AZ
I went swimming on Saturday. I had minor surgery on the 7th, so this was the first day I was allowed. I hadn't been in the pool since the 4th, and we had a few evenings that got down to 40 degrees, although the daytime temps have still been in the 80's, and even still a few 90's. Anyway, I had the solar cover on the pool, but the water still was about 75 in the top layer, and felt more like 70 or so at the bottom. Quite a bit cooler than the first weekend of October! My husband laughed at me. :-D

A LITTLE cool?????

I have to dip my arm up to my armpit into numerous pools every day to close them. It was OK when the pools were in the upper 50s, but now we're getting below freezing every night and the temps are dropping rapidly! The coldest one I've had to do so far was 42*, if their thermometer can be trusted - I had 5 low returns & suctions to plug <BRRRRR> water that cold actually hurts to put your arm in for more than a few seconds :!: And since we plug the lines while they're blowing, the water will percolate up and over the deck so I'm also getting my back sprayed, my ponytail soaked (which then drips cold water down my back for a few minutes) and the deck is soaked, so I have to lay in the cold water and soak my pants :evil:

It's not gonna get better, but at least the closings are almost all done :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.