Pool Temperature (Temp) Sensor

Feb 26, 2012
Yesterday my pool temp. sensor started reading that my pool temp was 159 degrees which is totally off. Anyone have any idea why the sensor would be reading so off like that?

Time for a new sensor?

AquaLogic PS 4/8 Controller - Override

I have the AquaLogic PS8 controler for our pool. I'm having issues with our pool temp sensor as it is reading 159 degrees, the pool is actually closer to 84 degrees. Anyway, my question is obviously it wont let me turn the heater on as it is in Auto mode and thinks that 159 is the actual temp. Is there a way to manually override the AquaLogic and have the heater turn on?

Thanks

Remote, electronic temperature sensors typically use a thermocouple to detect temperature. It's essentially two wires of dissimilar materials that are joined together at the detection point. When your temperature reading is very high, usually displayed as the highest temperature that the software/firmware can display, that means there is a short in the thermocouple, the wire is cut, broken, no longer completing the circuit (infinite resistance in the circuit). Likely need a new sensor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.