Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What do you do when PermaCast Hand Rail Anchors Have Corroded Badly- Failed in Slab?

1. Back To Top    #1

What do you do when PermaCast Hand Rail Anchors Have Corroded Badly- Failed in Slab?

I think I have the Perma Cast PS4019 Hand Rail anchors and they have corroded and failed.

It appears this style is poured in place when the slab is poured.

Anyone know of some type of replacement anchor to fit in the same hole - or do I have to cut up the slab there and repour maybe a 12"x12" section?

link to image......

http://www.poolpartsonline.com/p-336...or-socket.aspx

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What do you do when PermaCast Hand Rail Anchors Have Corroded Badly- Failed in Sl

Call around/check craigs list. I had a deck and had to install a rail. It was cheaper to call and have them drill the holes in the concrete then to rent a machine.
    Yes, you'll have to drill them out. It's pretty straight forward. They have a concrete cutting drill/borer that cuts a nice clean round hole. They'll replace the anchors, concrete them in then and replace the rail.

You may want to consider replacing the railing at the same time. They make the covers/escutcheons oversized to cover the repour. Not sure on the railing but I recommend the one that the two poles that connect to the ground be connected. (That's what I will do on my replacement.) Otherwise they then to shift/twist.

anchor: Amazon.com : Replacement Fiberglass Anchor Socket for In-Ground Pool Ladders and Rails - 1.9 Inch : Swimming Pool Ladders : Patio, Lawn Garden
    escutcheons: Amazon.com : PermaCast PE-0019-S Handrail Garden (not sure of those are oversized or not)
    railing: Amazon.com : S.R. Smith DMS-102A-VT SealedSteel 3-Bend Braced Deck Mounted Swimming Pool Handrail with Matching Escutcheons, Taupe : Patio, Lawn Garden (Railing style that is connected)
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: What do you do when PermaCast Hand Rail Anchors Have Corroded Badly- Failed in Sl

If it's aluminum it should be pretty easy to drill out I'd say. How about drilling it out, and then using a rotohammer, drill a new hole a little larger and re-setting a new one? Depending on the size of your new hole, you could either use an epoxy, or a nonshrink grout like hub 100 which is really strong and easy to work with.

Or you could hire it out to a professional
    13K Gallon IG Pool/Spa -- First time pool owners -- Completed in 2015 Caribbean Blue Pebble Tec Pentair 4000 Series 47 sq. ft. D.E. Filter Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump Pentair SWG Jandy LXi Heater 400,000 BTU S.R. Smith Typhoon Slide Pentair LED 12v Lights Dolphin Nautilus Robotic Cleaner TF-100 Test Kit
    Our Build Thread