Diamond Brite - Exposed aggregate

tw25

May 1, 2015
sacramento ca
Hi
I am trying to find what the actual surface looks like for Diamond Brite. I see the swatches from the mfg., but don't see many actual pool owners surfaces. If you have a Diamond Brite can you post a picture up close and let me know what method of exposing the surface was used (Acid Wash or bath or nothing)? I don't want too rough of a surface, but also don't want it smooth so you don't see any of the quartz showing through. PB is saying they do just a smooth, no acid wash, and that I wouldn't see quartz coming through which worries me. I can pay extra for acid wash, but looking at SGM technique they say to use I. Water Washing With Brushes as the recommended.

Thank you for your help!

Welcome to TFP!

DB is common, and someone will likely post some pics for you, but once the pool is filled it will be very similar looking to other like colored finishes. If the builder wants extra for acid wash, that's really uncommon and should be included in the install cost if they do it. A good installer can get a lot of exposure without it however, and it's pointless to pay for a finish of that type with little or no exposure of the aggregate. Positively UN-acceptable IMO. Is this a new build or remodel? If you have a choice for finding another installer, I would consider that option.

I guess your PB isn't using Factory Trained Applicators or else they would be doing the process as shown in the video. SGM has a process to expose the aggregate so that will you get the finished product that they designed for a look and feel that the end user wants. I can't see why they think you need to pay for the acid wash when that is apart of the process for Diamond Brite and the price should have been in the orginal bid. Diamond Brite is a beautiful finish and needs to be done correctly. Good luck to you.

The PB said to expose surface they will do an acid wash and power wash. Is the power wash necessary or overkill or part of the acid wash process?

I just want it to look like the sample and they didn't mention "water washing w/ brushes", but I still need to ask about that.

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.