Liner Issue - Bump/Protrusion

Oct 27, 2011
Dallas, texas
I just opened my pool and I noticed a protrusion in the liner of my pool. I had this liner installed within the last 3 years. The protrusion is on the bottom of the pool on the angle down to the deep end. I didn't really notice it in the past, so I think this may be new. It looks to be about 2-4 inches wide, but I haven't gone in yet to inspect further.

I am not really sure what it could be since this is a concrete bottom. I poked at it with my pool brush and it seemed pretty solid. I dont have any nearby trees that would be causing the issue with roots. When the company installed this liner they did some concrete work, nothing major but I think it was just to make it smoother for the liner.

Any ideas what could be causing this? I am afraid whatever it is is going to bust thru the liner.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, popped off the pool cover today and noticed some more of the tennis ball shaped bulges. What the heck could be causing these? The liner is only a few years old. The last one was like 12 years old and there were no bulges at all. Definitely not an issue with roots here. I am so confused!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.