Crack in filter body - Need to locate replacement

Mr2005

May 18, 2011
Hi,

Cam home to my pool equipment are soaked, tracked the leak to a hairline crack running vertically for several inches on the lower body of the filter housing.

Questions:
What is that piece called so I am referring to correctly?
My model number is Hayward C7020STAMB. My sticker says it was made for my pool builder Shasta Pools by Hayward. I can't find one online which I assume willl be less expesive than going locale. Any suggestions on where or what to search? I googled the model number and didnt't come up with much.

My local pool store wants $1,300 to replace it.

photo below. the pool and all euipment is 10 years old this month, I am the original owner.

IMG_3510.jpg

You don't have to replace with the exact same filter. You can do a little reaearch and decide type firstm=, then select a model. Cartridge, DE or sand should be able to fit in that area, but you would obviously need a multiport valve if you switched to sand or DE.

You don't have to replace with the exact same filter. You can do a little reaearch and decide type firstm=, then select a model. Cartridge, DE or sand should be able to fit in that area, but you would obviously need a multiport valve if you switched to sand or DE.

roger that. I have filters now and would want to stay with filters.

Looking at the heyward site, they have something that looks similar called swimclear. Comes in various sq ft of filtration (225, 325, 425, and 525) how does one approach the math to determine the appropriate size.

Thannks.

It's not at all scientific, but folks usually need smaller pumps and larger filters. I have sand, but most say that the larger the cartridge the less often you are opening to clean.

Mine cracked and I just replaced the bottom half of the filter shell. It cost about 2/3 as much as buying a new filter. But if you need or want a larger filter, now is the time. I kind of wish I had just replaced mine, since it wouldn't have been that much more.

The part is a lower filter body. You can try googling for Hayward C7020 without all the additional numbers. The following link is one example showing parts diagram and numbers Hayward SwimClear C2020-C7000, And C2025 - C7020 Parts | Florida Water Products In general, I would expect that part to be quite pricy in comparison to a whole replacement, as noted above
Using that diagram, the filter body is part # DEX2420ATC $364.05, not sure about shipping. Plus you would want to replace any gasket/"O" ring you encounter in the disassemble. A little over 33% of the cost of a new 525 filter.

If it were me I would go for a new filter, not jsut a lower housing. If one part has succumbed to the age/heat/UV other parts can't be far behind.

Using that diagram, the filter body is part # DEX2420ATC $364.05, not sure about shipping. Plus you would want to replace any gasket/"O" ring you encounter in the disassemble. A little over 33% of the cost of a new 525 filter.

If it were me I would go for a new filter, not jsut a lower housing. If one part has succumbed to the age/heat/UV other parts can't be far behind.

i got lucky. its under warranty by my pool builder. they are coming out replace next week.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.