Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Why I use a vinyl-pool style vac head on my pebbleTec pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Why I use a vinyl-pool style vac head on my pebbleTec pool

Since it is hard to take a photo, I've created this idealized comparison in photoshop, but it pretty much tells the story. Using a vinyl-pool brush style head takes a new technique that takes getting used to (so it doesn't get stuck and not want to move when you are pressing straight down), but the new technique is totally worth it. The fine dust here in the desert gets very "clingy" on my PebbleTec and the roller wheel style head just doesn't cut the mustard, and I have good suction. [Click thumbnail for larger image.]

Anyone else have a similar story?
    15K gal, PebbleTec, 1/2 HP StayRite pump, Hayward S360SX Pro Series 36in. sand filter, A&A In-Floor Cleaning System (generation 1), connected spa.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Why I use a vinyl-pool style vac head on my pebbleTec pool

Regular brushing is probably better and easier. However, if you're getting good results with no extra effort, then that's not a bad solution.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Why I use a vinyl-pool style vac head on my pebbleTec pool

I would normally agree with you, James, except in my pool regular brushing of wall and floor doesn't keep the dust suspended in solution long enough so that it gets pulled into the main drain. Most of it just resettles and I have to vacuum anyway.
    15K gal, PebbleTec, 1/2 HP StayRite pump, Hayward S360SX Pro Series 36in. sand filter, A&A In-Floor Cleaning System (generation 1), connected spa.