Big hole in the liner

I know we will have to replace the liner but I'm hoping we could make it through this summer. We just drained and filled it. We have a big hole in the corner right at the top, I'll try to figure out how to post a pic. My husband tried patching it and says the adhesive ate through the liner and the patch. He used one from the pool store. Any suggestions? I'm desperate and grateful for any ideas.

I know we will have to replace the liner but I'm hoping we could make it through this summer. We just drained and filled it. We have a big hole in the corner right at the top, I'll try to figure out how to post a pic. My husband tried patching it and says the adhesive ate through the liner and the patch. He used one from the pool store. Any suggestions? I'm desperate and grateful for any ideas.

What type of adhesive. Google patching vinyl liner and the brand "Boxer" and use that. You can start with one patch then put a bigger one over that and then another if needed.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, he's not the brightest guy in the world. It could have been user error. I will attempt a patch myself tomorrow if you think it's possible. Should I have him put the strip of liner at the top back in?

- - - Updated - - -

I have no idea on the liners age. We bought this place 3 years ago.

If that were mine I would go to the pool store and see if they would sell you a scrap bit of vinyl maybe 2x2 ft and some vinyl adhesive and cover that entire area with it. Often stores that also sell pools will have scraps / old color sample swatches that they will sell for this purpose. If not try ebay, you can often get up to 4x4 ft pieces under $10 or so.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.