Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What's a KC BBQ Society smackdown like???

1. Back To Top    #1
    30.0217 -090.2403

What's a KC BBQ Society smackdown like???

New Orleans is one of the cuisine capitals of the world, but IMHO, dine-in and take-out BBQ is not our cup of tea. A poster advertising a "BBQ Smackdown" sponsored by our local Children's Hospital captured my mind's eye. Looking a bit closer I noted that the Kansas City Barbecue Society is "Sanctioning" the event which makes me think that this might be an opportunity to either engage in a bar fight or sample pro prepared BBQ from the four points of the compass.
    [attachment=0:2flkt8kh]Barnyard_Smackdown.jpg[/attachment:2flkt8kh]KCBS's website lists a huge array of teams which participate so with luck maybe we'll get a taste of everywhere's BBQ styles. Brown sugar sweet might be high on my list of tastes but I need expert guidance on what to seek out here. You'se guys made me an overnight bleach freak, so now pls edu me about a BBQ Smackdown event.

I also understand that even a novice like me can become an Official KCBS Certified Judge with just one day of training. OMG, free access to that kind of food sounds delightfully dangerous.

p.s. They oops'd the dates on the poster by a month so I've still got four weeks to get psyched up for this deal.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    20K gal gunite, plaster in poor condition post Katrina
    1.0 or 1.5 hp primary pump
    Polaris 280 and Polaris pump
    Her name is: Free To Good Home :wave: