Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Any Way to Free Up Pentair 2000 Backwash Valve?

1. Back To Top    #1

Moorpark, CA

Any Way to Free Up Pentair 2000 Backwash Valve?

I have a Pentair 2000 DE filter (thanks to the people on the forum who identified it for me). The backwash lever moves if I use my foot. I was wondering if there is a way to free it up, perhaps by cleaning it, or lubricating it, so it could be moved by hand.

Here is a picture of valve handle.

Can Anyone Identify This Filter

20,000 gallon in-ground gunite/plaster pool (1992), attached spa with spillway, Pentair Superflo 1.5 HP pump, Smith booster pump for pool sweep, Pentair 2000 DE filter, Sta Rite Max-E-Therm 400 heater, Silencer Blower 2 HP for spa, Polaris 280 pool sweep.

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Any Way to Free Up Pentair 2000 Backwash Valve?

Mine takes some serious tugging, too. I imagine there must be a way to disassemble it and lube it, but I've never cared enough to look. When you get done and the tank is full again, shut the pump off and move it back and forth a few times to dislodge any grit that might be caught in there. Sometimes I get a drip but opening and closing it a few times and letting the water gravity feed and wash it clean stops it.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!