Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is my Hayward Pool Heater Supposed to be this Loud?

1. Back To Top    #1

Is my Hayward Pool Heater Supposed to be this Loud?

Bumping an old thread.. I got the H200 and just fired it up.. It is pretty loud.. Did you find this to be normal in your research then?

Moderator note: This was moved from an old post
    Installed in 2014 - 24' Round x 54" Bliss XL Above Ground Pool 14,090 gallons // Hayward S270T Pro Series 27-Inch 350lb Sand Filter // Hayward SP15922S Power-Flo Matrix Above-Ground Pump 2-Speed //
    Installed in 2015 - Hayward H200FDN Natural Guess Heater // K-2006 Test Kit
    Youngstown, OH 44514

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Should a pool heater sound loud?

The FD Hayward heaters are loud. They have a blower motor in them which can be a source of the loudness. If you are concerned, have a gas pool heater repair company come out and look at the unit. They should be able to also check the gas pressure. Gas pressure is measured in inches water column. Like 3.5" W.C.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

Is my Hayward Pool Heater Supposed to be this Loud?

Just installed and fired it up.. Not sure if you can tell by the video, hopefully you can..

Pool heater - YouTube
    Installed in 2014 - 24' Round x 54" Bliss XL Above Ground Pool 14,090 gallons // Hayward S270T Pro Series 27-Inch 350lb Sand Filter // Hayward SP15922S Power-Flo Matrix Above-Ground Pump 2-Speed //
    Installed in 2015 - Hayward H200FDN Natural Guess Heater // K-2006 Test Kit
    Youngstown, OH 44514

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Re: Is my Hayward Pool Heater Supposed to be this Loud?

I'm guessing that the only sound on the video is the heater?
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

5. Back To Top    #5

My H250 is VERY quite. You have to be pretty close to it to even hear it running. My H150 was MUCH louder and went bad after 4 yrs.
    24' AGP Sentinelle 54" , 1hp 2 speed power-flo matrix, New 250K to replace the 150k BTU heater, pool roover Jr. Aqua Trol SWG, Large deck, taylor k-2006, Majestic Stairs with colored LED, COLD BEER

6. Back To Top    #6

Thats about what my 400,000 btu sounds like.

Whats the water gurguling sound? Your pump?
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Have the installer come back and measure the gas pressure and check things out. It's under warranty so don't try to resolve it yourself.
    Paul

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

Having heard many of these heaters I find the sound ok. Ask the installer if he took gas readings when he installed. Always a good idea.
    Hayward Pool Tech
    80+ Years of Technologically Advanced Pool Product Manufacturing
    poolside@haywardnet.com