Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Guess what I did!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Guess what I did!!!

I had to go drain water off my pool this morning due to heavy rain. Well, I got distracted by my toddler and after turning it off forgot to turn it back to filter. So, when my pump turned on via timer it was on waste. Woohooooo! It had drained already below the jets. Oh well. I needed to do another drain to get my cya down further anyways. I hadn't gotten the chance to do my FC test yet though so I am wondering if I need to add some bleach to stay on safe side but my pump can't run yet. Ughh!
    24k gal. In-ground, vinyl. 2005 build
    Hayward Pro-Series S244T sand filter system
    Hayward motor & pump (rpm 3450,model SP2607X10)
    Polaris 280 w/booster pump.Taylor K-2006 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Guess what I did!!!

Somebody in my house did that in 2013. It drained overnight while left on waste. Boy this skimmers looked like big mean open mouth monsters laughing at me when I went outside that morning.
    18*36*23 true "L" vinyl IG 29,000 gallons. SWG. TF-100 test kit.
    http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html

3. Back To Top    #3

If you do add bleach without circulation, you can always pre-dilute it in a 5 gallon bucket and the broadcast it around the the sides of the pool. Follow that up with a good brushing and/or some surface skimming with a leaf rake and you should be good to go. Get your water back up ASAP.

Funny story - I had the opposite happen to me. I was refilling the pool after a small drain to correct some high salt issues and I left the garden hose in there too long. My 3-yr old needed some attention (what 3-yr old doesn't, right?!?) and I totally forgot about the hose. Well, suffice it to say the concrete decking got a good flood washing....and my wallet really, REALLY hurt after the water bill showed up that month

good luck!
    Last edited by JoyfulNoise; 05-25-2015 at 12:34 PM. Reason: typos
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

4. Back To Top    #4

I am just glad I didn't close my shut off valve and then forget to change my pump selection. May have built up serious pressure and torn lots up.

- - - Updated - - -

Shut off valve to my waste going out
    24k gal. In-ground, vinyl. 2005 build
    Hayward Pro-Series S244T sand filter system
    Hayward motor & pump (rpm 3450,model SP2607X10)
    Polaris 280 w/booster pump.Taylor K-2006 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Well this should help. Since this is in reference to you I hate CYA thread, you should have posted it there. It is best to keep all your info on the same subject together.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process