Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Should I make any adjustments?

1. Back To Top    #1

Should I make any adjustments?

Im just getting the pool going this year. Its been open for 2 weeks now but we haven't been in it yet. The water is clear.

Mainly I'm wondering if I should bump my CYA up and my PH?

Numbers as of now:

FC 5.5
    CC 0
    TA 80
    CH 30
    CYA 20
    PH 7.2

I just added the Luiquidator to my system when I opened it this season. I'm getting it dialed in. FC seems to be staying between 8 and 5.

Thanks for the advise.
    43x21x54" Sharkline/Wilbar Above Ground with hopper, 26,000 Gal
    Sta-rite 22 in sand filter with Zeosand removed reg pool sand installed, Sta-rite 1.5 hp pump, Poolsmart Climber Robot, TF-100 Test kit, poolskim, hard plumbing with second return added for poolskim, fafco solar heater, Luiquidator

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Should I make any adjustments?

I would bump the CYA. Leave the PH alone, it will rise over time with aeration and bather load.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

Should I raise the CYA to about 40? The reason I bought the Liquidator this season is because I travel for up to 2 weeks at a time and I have no one to look after the pool while I'm away on a regular basis. So I'm hoping with the 8 gallon one I can get 2 weeks between refills.

Okay on the PH
    43x21x54" Sharkline/Wilbar Above Ground with hopper, 26,000 Gal
    Sta-rite 22 in sand filter with Zeosand removed reg pool sand installed, Sta-rite 1.5 hp pump, Poolsmart Climber Robot, TF-100 Test kit, poolskim, hard plumbing with second return added for poolskim, fafco solar heater, Luiquidator

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Yes, raise it 40-50 range.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process