Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Manage photo attachments sends me to Smilies page

1. Back To Top    #1

Manage photo attachments sends me to Smilies page

I was trying to attach a photo and I was informed that I didn't have any space left. So I clicked the spot where it says "Click here to view your attachments" and it takes me to the Smilies page (Smilies - Trouble Free Pool). The text of the link looks good but I am not going to the correct page.
    Vinyl 18'x36' in-ground 100,000 L, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWCG, Jandy Lite2 heater, StaRite System3 filter, Evac tube solar heating panels

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Manage photo attachments sends me to Smilies page

Hmmm, give me a minute to go over the settings.

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

I find it easier to upload photos to photobuck then copy the IMG code and paste it here.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

4. Back To Top    #4

I see you only have three images posted in total, so you should have more than enough space.
    How exactly was it you got this error?
    What browser were you using?
    What is the size of the image?
    What was the link you clicked on and it sent you to the smiles page?

If I can replicate this, I may be able to trace what is going on.

5. Back To Top    #5

I subsequently deleted some photos so that I had room. This happens to me in both IE9 (I am at work and we are slow to upgrade IE for compatibility reasons) and Chrome Version 43.0.2357.65 m.

I have the photos in Dropbox/Carousel but linking to them doesn't always seem to work.
    Vinyl 18'x36' in-ground 100,000 L, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWCG, Jandy Lite2 heater, StaRite System3 filter, Evac tube solar heating panels

6. Back To Top    #6

Yeah it would seem you are nearing your attachment limit. The usergroup you are in is allowed 256 kb and you are right around 200 kb, so anything over 50 kb would produce that message.

You could always upgrade your account, Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!! to a Lifetime Supporter. That usergroup has a limit of 10,240 kb. There is also some more added benefits of upgrading to that group, which you can read about in that link.

7. Back To Top    #7

Ok, I can do that - but does that fix the bad link issue? I just tried going to the attachments URL on a different computer, actually an iPad, and it still brings up the Smilies page.

When you go to "www.troublefreepool.com/misc.php?do=attachments" do you get the Smilies page or the manage attachments page?

8. Back To Top    #8

TBH I don't even think that is used anymore in the software. It might be a remnant from a older version of the software. I will do some checking, and if necessary remove the outdated link.

9. Back To Top    #9

Ok, great. I am a supporter now - does that change get reflected automatically? Do I have to login and out? Or does an Administrator have to update me manually?

10. Back To Top    #10

Try this link instead, http://www.troublefreepool.com/profile.php?do=editattachments&showthumbs=1

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by wayner View Post
    Ok, great. I am a supporter now - does that change get reflected automatically? Do I have to login and out? Or does an Administrator have to update me manually?
    Leebo will have to verify the payment then update your status. Thanks for becoming a supporter.

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by ozzy47 View Post
    Try this link instead, Trouble Free Pool
    That works - thanks.

13. Back To Top    #13

Awesome, I will change the link in the error message then.