Urgent question - top rails and top stabilizers

So I'm assembling my top rail on my oval pool. I start with the straight side, no problems. I go to attach the first top rail on the curved side, and the hole alignment has me concerned. The instructions say 4 screws per top rail, 2 per side. The outer hole on each side is no problem. The inner hole lines up exactly over the top of the top rail stabilizer.

Is this normal? Do you screw through the top rail, through the top plate, and into the top rail stabilizer? I'm slightly concerned this might puncture the liner....

Just popped off a top post covering cap on mine and I only have two screws..."per side"..That is------2 screws in each top rail where they connect back at the post. 4 screws total. They're kinda rusty too!

Quick update. Said to heck with it, and just installed the screws. They didn't actually penetrate the top stabilizer, rather just pushed the plate upward slightly. It's only a 1/2-inch screw, so it didn't raise it all that much. Still slightly disconcerting with the top plate not being completely flat on the top rail stabilizer. We'll see what happens....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.