Lighting Help Needed

santacruzpool

Gold Supporter
Feb 24, 2015
Santa Cruz, CA
We are in the middle of our pool build and I would love a few tips and ideas on our landscape lighting and electrical.

Currently we have on the required 120v GFI rough plumbed in our trenches around the pool. I am planning on branching off of this for a couple of outlets around the back side of our decking. I could just use this circuit for lighting, but would have to have a switch at the far end of the pool - I would prefer to have the switch closer to where we walk up to the pool (by our equipment pad). I am also wondering how I could also connect our lighting to the Jandy automation we are installing.

Our pool build only includes the pool equipment - no additional landscape lighting and such. So I (or my electrician) will be tasked with running the additional wires and extra pvc tubes before the concrete is poured.

We would like to have a couple of step lights, 2 lights on our pergola, and a few lights around our retaining walls to light things up. In addition, we might want a light or 2 in the planting beds to light trees. I have a few 12V low voltage lights that would be perfect to use - so I will need a transformer to power them. I am thinking that the best spot for the transformer would be at the equipment pad - I might ask if a larger box can be used so that I can fit some of my additional equipment in it...

We could have all the lights on one circuit - or break them down into 2-3 different switches. Our layout is included below...
pool-deck.jpg

We do have some flood lights from our home that illuminate the yard a bit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.