Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Leak - How hard to fix? Pics inside

1. Back To Top    #1

North East

Leak - How hard to fix? Pics inside

Have a leak from the top of the pump. Pictures attached. Not sure how much of a pain this is going to be to fix. The top of the pump is a threaded connection; however the valve is a slip connection. Will the tan piece just unscrew to release itself from the valve and let me remove/readjust the leaky piece?

25,000 gallon Concrete/Plaster Pool
    Pentair WFDS-26 - Installed Spring 2012
    Pentair Quad DE 100 - Installed Spring 2012
    Pentair Kreepy Krauly 820 - In Service 05/26/2013
    K-2006 Test kit, Intermatic P1353me Digital Timer, Stenner 85MHP5

2. Back To Top    #2

Roseville, CA

Re: Leak - How hard to fix? Pics inside

It looks to me that you can unscrew the coupler, then unscrew the pump fitting. Probably Teflon tape may snug it up, but don't over do it or you might crack your fitting.

There are also PVC thread sealants, but read the directions carefully. You want "seal", not "bond", in case you have to dissemble some day.
    SWG: CircuPool SI30+Plus; Recommended Levels: Salt 3000-4000, 3500 is ideal;
    My Ideal Specs:
    FC 5; PH 7.5-7.8; TA 100; CH 350; CYA 75; = SI ~ 0.19
    14,000 gal, in ground, plaster, Cartridge filter
    TAYLOR K - 2006

3. Back To Top    #3
    Jamestown, ND

Yep, its a union there which is good. Really you just unscrew the union, pull out the pump and unscrew the pipe into the pump. I would then clean it up, use some silicon 810 caulking, which is 100% waterproof, to goop that around the threads and put it back into the pump. Reconnect and let sit for an hour. Then fire it up!
    Chad R.

POOL SIZE: 16 x 32' Vinyl lined pool. 22,000 gallons. 8' deep. 2009 Hayward 1.5 HP Super Pump. Hayward S310S 30" 500 lb Sand filter. 1 skimmer and 2 returns. Solar Blanket.

Pics of my pool:

4. Back To Top    #4

Erie pa

Just unscrew the union,tighten the piece in the pump and reattach the union.
    16x32 vinyl ig with foxguard steel walls,gli liner ,hayward de filter,hayward heatpro heat pump,hayward colorlogic 4.0 led.pentair circular weir skimmers.hayward sharkvac xl robot,gli mesh cover.polk atrium speakers,sonos music system.erie pa.