Toronto, ON
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I have a Jacuzzi J345 that is circa 2006.

I noticed a slow leak in the spa. I took off the panel and saw a leak where a small hose, about 1/2" in diameter, connects to pump #1 (see attached photo). After touching this it completely broke off. What does this hose do? The broken piece is the one being held in the photo.

There are two large PVC pipes that connect into the pump but this is an additional connection and the plastic clamp that threads into the pump completely broke off.

spa%20photo%20small.jpg

I have called my local Jacuzzi dealer to come and service but I am just wondering what this hose does.

I do - perhaps a permissioning thing on Dropbox. Here it is as an atachment:

Attachments

• spa photo small.jpg
    spa photo small.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 63
No - it goes back around the tub. The piece that broke off is a plastic threading that clamps onto the hose with a Corbin style hose clamp. The plastic threading piece appears to have broken off but it is hard to tell since you can't see into that port unless I take more panels off - and that might be difficult without moving the tub given its location against a pillar. Hopefully the service guy can access it and remove the broken off piece.

How do you replace these types of clamps? Do you need to heat up the hose to pull off the existing clamp?

Here is a photo of the broken bit:

Attachments

• clamp small.jpg
    clamp small.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 53
Ended up getting fast service from Jacuzzi Ontario so it is fixed now. I wasn't home when the repair was made but does it make sense that this smaller hose is for priming the pump?

Hi, I also have a 2006 Jacuzzi J345 (just purchased from a friend) and need some help. Similar situation. I filled the spa for the first time after hooking up. Got FL1 errors (air lock in the small circulation pump, I believe, because flow switch "lollipop" was intermittently starting and stopping -- no heat because of that of course ). After loosening hoses trying to bleed off air, a small plastic barb hose fitting running from the heater broke off (the freeze line connection?) leaving the male treads in in the opening.

Two issues: (i) having a heck of a time finding the replacement barb fitting (thought I found online, but the male threaded side was too big in diameter), and (ii) not sure how best to get the broken off threads out of the valve on there heater. Help!!

Thanks,
Jordan Frame, South Salem, NY

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.