Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Intex dual outlets?

1. Back To Top    #1

New Intex dual outlets?

We've had an Intex pool for the last 4 years. This year after set up, we found several holes, tried to repair them then decided to buy a new pool. We got the same size, but this model has two outlets. We are having problems with getting the pump to run through them. We upgraded this year to a 2800 Sand filter pump from a larger Intex filter pump and are using a Chlorinator after the pump back to the pool. My dear husband spent most of yesterday on this and it's not working. He even decided we didn't need the sand filter (we do and he'll be more reasonable later) and hooked our old filter pump to it, still didn't work. We believe the problem is in the dual outlet area. There are two hoses that join at a T then run into the pump. Any ideas? I've been on the Internet and YouTube most of the night, trying to find solutions.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432563694.669794.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Intex dual outlets?

Welcome to TFP!

There will be others interested in this. Enjoy the forum!!!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

I think having the plunger valve where it is may be the problem. The inlet hose should be directly connected to the filter, sand or cartrige. The water cannot get to the filter the way it is set up.

Be back in a minute to post something else.

- - - Updated - - -

You need to consider doing this and using the hoses that came with the sand filter.

Cutting Larger Intake Return holes in your Intex
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Here are a couple of pics of my set up. Ignore the over the wall skimmer hanging there.

- - - Updated - - -

The smaller unit connected to the return hose is my SWG, so if you don't have a SWG you would just connect the outlet hose from the filter to the return.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

5. Back To Top    #5

Wow, I see this on the new ones on Amazon. They say "New dual suction outlet fittings improve water circulation resulting in better water hygiene and clarity." I hope you find your solution. Maybe you should call the 800 number and ask them about what is not working for you, maybe there is some trick to getting it to work properly. One thing for sure, when my Intex dies, I won't be buying a new ones if they continue with dual outlets, that is just crazy. When you say it is not working, do you mean the water won't flow into the pump? It seams the water should still flow into the pump as long as the T fitting is open properly. Let us know what you find out as I am sure it will help others later.
    Intex 9' x 18' Ultra Frame, Intex SWG, Intex 2650 Sand Filter Pump, TF-100 test kit
    My pool setup – view here

6. Back To Top    #6

I do not have an intex pool and may be way off base here. If I am please disregard.

When you say two returns, I assume you mean that both of those hoses in the picture are used to return water to the pool. "Eyeballs"???

I also must assume that the pump is taking water in ok?

If you remove the hose that leads to the T from the pump is water getting that far?

If so I wonder if that T is bad causing an airlock? Is there a relief valve on the T to allow air to escape??

30x20 vinyl IG, Hayward SD60 with Pentair Dynamo 340219 2HP pump, Compupool CPSC24 SWG, Hayward H200FDN heater. APC automatic pool cover.
    Central Illinois

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

I think the filter is not getting water because of the T with the plunger valves there. The outlet has to go directly to the pump filter.
    Lisa

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

I also noticed that you have pool salt there. I am assuming you do have a SWG. The return hose needs to run from it to the return as I show in my pics
    Lisa

9. Back To Top    #9

I agree, with Azgirl. Hers is set up nicely too.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Azgirl71 View Post
    Here are a couple of pics of my set up. Ignore the over the wall skimmer hanging there.

- - - Updated - - -

The smaller unit connected to the return hose is my SWG, so if you don't have a SWG you would just connect the outlet hose from the filter to the return.
    What type of ladder do you have?! I can't seem to find that type here in Europe. Is it good and solid?! I find most Intex-ladders quite unstable and poor quality.

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

It is a confer ladder. I ordered it on Amazon. Very sturdy. It is for 48-52" height pools.
    Lisa

12. Back To Top    #12

x2 on the fitting. Having a dual outlet ball fitting is odd placing. FWIW, I just bought the same pool. I am plumbing only one outlet to the pump, and using the other hole for my over the wall skimmer. Hooking a separate pump up to that and running it through a solar heater.

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by Azgirl71 View Post
    It is a confer ladder. I ordered it on Amazon. Very sturdy. It is for 48-52" height pools.
    Nice one Thanks. Can you link to the exact model?? Can see that there is a lot of models.

14. Back To Top    #14

TFP Guide

Lisa

15. Back To Top    #15

The dual lines are the suction lines. I have the same setup and at first I didn't think I would like it, but it does give a better supply of water to the pump.

If water isnt flowing through the return eyeball, I would suspect the valve or a blockage at the hose feeding the pump, or the pump itself. Check to make sure the valve at the suction lines split is open or not malfunctioning.
    Intex 18ft dia. Ultraframe, 6500 gal. above ground Intex pool with Hayward C550 cartridge type filter and Intex Krystal Clear Ozone and saltwater system model ZS8110, Taylor K-2006 test Kit, Pool filter supplemented with Duda Diesel 1 micron filter bag
    Located in Cypress, Tx.

16. Back To Top    #16

it looks like your pump discharge is hooked up to the intakes
    Intex 18ft dia. Ultraframe, 6500 gal. above ground Intex pool with Hayward C550 cartridge type filter and Intex Krystal Clear Ozone and saltwater system model ZS8110, Taylor K-2006 test Kit, Pool filter supplemented with Duda Diesel 1 micron filter bag
    Located in Cypress, Tx.

17. Back To Top    #17

I have the same issue, so I swapped it around, I use the dual smaller holes as the return and the larger one for my suction so I can use the over the wall skimmer. Having no skimmer will not work out here in the woods, debating on getting a through the wall, just not so sure I am ready to cut the new pool.

18. Back To Top    #18

Bought my 20 ft ultra frame and found it had the 2 outlets as well. I just threw that stuff away and installed 2 regular Hayward SP 1023 fittings. Plugged one off with a 1 1/2" PVC cap and have the other one hard plumbed. I installed a thru the wall skimmer and hard plumbed that in as well. Ball valves let me select to either use the fitting or skimmer to feed the pump (or both). Complete system is now hard plumbed with 1 1/2" PVC and running thru a 1 HP Hayward LX pump and 19" Sand Filter. Intex sand filter and pump that came with the pool has never been hooked up and sits in the shed.

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by Sgalbo View Post
    I have the same issue, so I swapped it around, I use the dual smaller holes as the return and the larger one for my suction so I can use the over the wall skimmer. Having no skimmer will not work out here in the woods, debating on getting a through the wall, just not so sure I am ready to cut the new pool.
    My over the wall skimmer screws onto one of my two suction intakes on my ultraframe pool if you unscrew the strainer. I really like having two intakes. One skims and the other takes in water below the surface. And I can shut the one side down to clean out the intake without shutting the pump down.
    Located in Cypress, Tx.

20. Back To Top    #20

I wanted to update everyone. We've switched it, the sand pump is now pulling for the single outlet and the chlorine generator is pushing the return water back through the dual outlets. It's working beautifully now! Thanks everyone! By the way, we have the same ladder!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast