Thanks in advance for all of your advice!
I opened my pool this weekend to water that was just beginning to cloud up and I dumped some of the pool cover water in
oh well, stuff happens! Anyway, we filled it back up to the mid skimmer level and turned on the pump. After testing the water I had low ph 6.8 and .5 CC, 0 chlorine, CYA of less than 20 it was clear all the way to the top of the tube and a TA of 100. I am not sure if this makes a difference, but I used last years testing kit (TF100) and the R0870 powder was kind of crystally.
Anyway I added some shock I had from last year's supply that the pool store gave us when we bought our pool. The next day it was clear and my readings were:
I added about a cup of chlorine and 2 lbs of stabilizer in a sock near my return. My over night test showed a chlorine loss of about 1 - 1.5 and a CC of .5 I know I'm not supposed to test my CYA yet,but I couldn't help myself. It clouded up and I think I am near 20.
My question is after all of this should I continue to shock the pool b/c of the iffy overnight chlorine loss? Should I use the new test kit I ordered or keep using my old one from last year, and should I add borax to raise my PH or just aerate? Also what order should I be doing all of this. Thanks!!!