Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CYA test

1. Back To Top    #1

CYA test

On the instructions on the CYA test it says fill with pool water to bottom line of tube but there's no bottom line other than the one that says 100?. But on the cya test tube I'm not sure if thats the bottom line I should use? Very frustrated because it looks like I have Ammonia in the water again. Very Frustrated to come across one problem after another. My PH read 6.8 and I cant get a FR reading even dumping in 4 gallons 12.5% bleach. Any suggestions?
    Southern NJ, 1 HP Haward Pump, 16x 32 dimensions, 21,000 gallon vinyl liner inground pool, TF-100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CYA test

Is this the CYA test from the TF-100 kit? Disregard (duh), I see it in your signature.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

The kit should have come with a small bottle with a white cap. You fill it to the bottom line with pool water.
    Inground 13,200 gal Vinyl, Pentair 3/4 hp pump, Pentair Sand Dollar filter, Polaris 280

Pool School, Pool Math, CYA to FC ratio chart, Testing Kits

4. Back To Top    #4

You should have the small container with the red cap. Fill that container with pool water to the bottom the label. Then fill to the top of that label with the agent. Shake it, then let it settle for 30 sec. Then shake again. After the 2nd shake, start filling-up your skinny CYA tube. Keep it at waist level and slowly start putting drops from the container you shook into the skinny tube. Once you no longer see the black dot, look at the water level on the tube. That's your CYA reading.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

32,000L Fibreglass Leisure Pools IG 12.5'x23'x5' Pump: AstralPools BX1 1.0HP
    Filter: AstralPools ZX-310 SWCG: AstralPools VX7T
    Heater: Hayward H250FDN Test Kit: TF-100

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks all. Dumb mistake on my part. Appreciate all the help..
    Southern NJ, 1 HP Haward Pump, 16x 32 dimensions, 21,000 gallon vinyl liner inground pool, TF-100 test kit.