Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: FC Use During the Day

1. Back To Top    #1

Falls Church, VA

FC Use During the Day

My CYA has been low and I have added 30 oz of conditioner so far. The last was just a couple of days ago. So, that application probably isn't reading yet. Yesterday morning my FC was 0. I added enough bleach to bring it to 4. At 1 pm the FC was 0 again. I elevated the FC 8.5 a dusk. Did an OCLT and this morning FC = 7.5 and CC = .5. Is this extreme use in the sun because my CYA is low?

FC - 7.5
    CC - .5
    pH - 7.8
    TA - 70
    CH - 250
    CYA - 30 (registers lower but just added conditioner)
    11.5k gal, IG Plaster (2001), 1.5 HP Pentair Ultra-Flow Pump, Purex Triton FNS Plus 60 sqft DE filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    Columbia, SC

Re: FC Use During the Day

With little CYA chlorine can be totally lost to,the sun in hours.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW Louisiana

Re: FC Use During the Day

With a loss of 1.0 ppm overnight with the OCLT if it was done correctly from from dark (twilight or so) at night until dark in the morning, you may have something trying to grow due to the low FC. I would suggest repeating the OCLT and if you get a 1.0 or higher FC drop again, begin a SLAM procedure. Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~