Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Success Story! Just wanted to say thanks!

1. Back To Top    #1

Northeast Alabama

Success Story! Just wanted to say thanks!

I wanted to give you guys all the credit and say many thanks for all of your help, advice and instruction over the past year. This is my second season with this pool (got it late last season and never had a pool before) and I couldn't be more pleased with how the pool looked when I removed its winter cover. Looked just like it did when I covered it back in Oct! Started it up in the morning, dropped the vac in, checked the chems in the evening and this is what I had... FC 2, ph 7.2, CYA 30, TA 100, water temp 70 degrees. Didn't lower the water when I covered it but rainwater on the cover pushed about 1 1/2 inches out before a got a cover pump so I had to top it off a little. Added my bleach, circulated for a couple of hours then turned the return up to aerate and bring the ph up a little. Added some stabilizer to cover the addition of the new water. By the next day, it looks like this!

Super clear, sparkling water! I could read a newspaper laying on the bottom and it is 50 inches deep! The french drains are going in now and then the decking to follow. All who have been over to work around it have been shocked at how good it looks now that its uncovered and then promptly converted to to this method of pool care. Managing this pool gets easier all the time & I know it will be near maintenance free by the time we're done with the landscaping. Thanks again so much, guys!
    33 Round AGP, 26K gal, vinyl liner, 1 HP single speed pump, 1 Hayward wide mouth skimmer, Pentair sand filter, Taylor K-2006 test kit, Red Leopard Orbit suction auto vac, Pool School, TFTestkits, PoolMath, Support this Site!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Success Story! Just wanted to say thanks!

19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Sierra Vista, Az

That is great! Enjoy your pool!
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

4. Back To Top    #4
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Awesome, congrats!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5
    DFW, Texas

Great Job!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.