I just need to vent about this

I go through a similar period in late March. I only have one tree on the property and it's in the front yard. Also get neighbors tree stuff as well and their tree is in their front yard. Cannot imagine what it would be like if I had trees in the back yard.

The river birches here are finally letting up on the papery seeds they drop. It feels like I've removed 500lbs of the **** from the pool over the past week or so! :mad:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So after this tree is done, down come the helicopters. I have to collect those from my landscaping and my pool. Otherwise, EVERY SINGLE ONE will germinate. Maybe not right now, but certainly next spring. Last year was my second season with my new landscaping around the maple tree and I learned the hard way that those helicopters must be collected.

I'm so glad I found this site before I had my pool installed. Otherwise, I'd have the inline chlorinator, know very little about water chemistry, and probably would not know about using Queen size knee highs as skimmer socks!:D

- - - Updated - - -

So after this tree is done, down come the helicopters. I have to collect those from my landscaping and my pool. Otherwise, EVERY SINGLE ONE will germinate. Maybe not right now, but certainly next spring. Last year was my second season with my new landscaping around the maple tree and I learned the hard way that those helicopters must be collected.

I'm so glad I found this site before I had my pool installed. Otherwise, I'd have the inline chlorinator, know very little about water chemistry, and probably would not know about using Queen size knee highs as skimmer socks!:D

Now, now Duraleigh, no reason to reinvent the wheel. There are many chemicals to choose from to poison a tree. There are also non-chemical routes. May I suggest ground level pruning? There is a growth retardant for Sweet Gum trees. I believe it minimizes or eliminates the prickly sweet gum balls that fall off the trees. Let's work up something for grass instead. If I only had to mow it once a month it would be great.

Now, now Duraleigh, no reason to reinvent the wheel. There are many chemicals to choose from to poison a tree. There are also non-chemical routes. May I suggest ground level pruning? There is a growth retardant for Sweet Gum trees. I believe it minimizes or eliminates the prickly sweet gum balls that fall off the trees. Let's work up something for grass instead. If I only had to mow it once a month it would be great.

Buffalo grass. I learned about it in a horticulture class. Mow it once or twice a year. Grows to about 4". It's a natural recurring grass that we have replaced with our thick bladed, super thirsty grasses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, n40sxguy, I have heard about buffalo grass. When I worked for the Cooperative Extension Service several years ago, I gave it as a recommendation for someone that wanted to go 'all natural' in their lawn and landscape. I'm not sure if they ever did it or not. I always got the impression that it wasn't very thick, but I'm not sure if that's right or not.

I need to invest I some grass. I'll see if buffalo grass is the way to go. There went all my drinking money.
fee1ba7870db317c5e53206dc82fe2d1.jpg
d1ea64a083f3cf450ac5ca62a9730c13.jpg

Two crappy distribution boxes and a T at the end converted into one big distribution box. Welcome to the world of septic systems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.