Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just need to vent about this

1. Back To Top    #1
    Chrisman, Illinois (East Central Illinois)

Angry I just need to vent about this

This is really frustrating. I've collected about 3 pounds of this stuff in my skimmer basket in the last 24 hours. I sure hope this tree finishes reproducing soon
    27' round Seaspray Evolution, AG, 17,100 gallons, Pump: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix Dual Speed 1.5 hp, Filter: Hayward Pro Series High Rate Sand Filter, June 18, 2014, Kreepy Krauley Lil Shark, TF-100 test kit, Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: I just need to vent about this

I can sympathize. It is horrible here too!
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

Thankfully mine has tapered off. I had little helicopter seeds everywhere for a little while. Now I just have cicadas in the skimmer.

30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

My battle is with the neighbors Cottonwood trees right now! They are a disaster on a pool owners patience.
    Polar Pools, 19' x 39' Vinyl Lined IG, 3' to 9' deep, 33,300 Gallons?
    Pentair Intelliflo VS, Hayward Sand Filter Model # S244T, Compupool SWG, Heliocol Solar Heating
    K-2006 test kit, 1766 Salt Test Kit , Taylor SpeedStir
    Built in 2009, Salt Lake City, UT.

5. Back To Top    #5

I saw in a newspaper article once that cicadas are delicacy in some parts of the world... Mine usually has 20-30 June bugs everyday.
    27' round Seaspray Evolution, AG, 17,100 gallons, Pump: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix Dual Speed 1.5 hp, Filter: Hayward Pro Series High Rate Sand Filter, June 18, 2014, Kreepy Krauley Lil Shark, TF-100 test kit, Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System

6. Back To Top    #6

I go through a similar period in late March. I only have one tree on the property and it's in the front yard. Also get neighbors tree stuff as well and their tree is in their front yard. Cannot imagine what it would be like if I had trees in the back yard.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

7. Back To Top    #7

The river birches here are finally letting up on the papery seeds they drop. It feels like I've removed 500lbs of the **** from the pool over the past week or so!
    20k IG vinyl liner/Aqua Rite SWCG, T-15 cell/Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter/Polaris 280 with booster pump/Hayward Superpump 1 hp/city water/pool installed March 2004

8. Back To Top    #8

I know man. I went through that about 5 weeks ago.

Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

9. Back To Top    #9

Yeah, the Name of my Neighborhood is Forest Oaks... I am surrounded by a Forest of Oaks... I emptied the skimmer baskets full to the brim twice today. Their is this little valve in the basket that lets it get water when the basket is full, never seen it on another basket.
    26000 gallon Kidney shaped gunite pool. Older pool with deep dive well, nice diving board and tall slide. 31" Hayward pro sand filter with Pentair 1.5hp pump. Testing with the TF-100 plus test kit. Using a Dolphin Nautilus pool cleaner robot, next to bleach, my pools best friend.

10. Back To Top    #10

Trees and pools do not mix IMHO.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

11. Back To Top    #11

I go through the flowering trees first and then the Maple helicopter seeds. Take a leaf blower to those and it will speed up the dump process
    Inground 22k gallon gunite 15x31 main pool, 15x7 wading pool/sunning deck, hot tub/with overflow (9' octagon with limestone top) & slide NSWG, Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen
    Filter dual cartridge Sta-rite 450sq/ft, TF-100 Test Kit
    Heater Raypak 2100 400k btu cupro-nickel exchanger
    Auto pool cover, Polaris 280 auto pool cleaner, Jandy AqualinkRS8 Remote Control System

12. Back To Top    #12

The joys of pool ownership.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

13. Back To Top    #13

So after this tree is done, down come the helicopters. I have to collect those from my landscaping and my pool. Otherwise, EVERY SINGLE ONE will germinate. Maybe not right now, but certainly next spring. Last year was my second season with my new landscaping around the maple tree and I learned the hard way that those helicopters must be collected.

I'm so glad I found this site before I had my pool installed. Otherwise, I'd have the inline chlorinator, know very little about water chemistry, and probably would not know about using Queen size knee highs as skimmer socks!

- - - Updated - - -

So after this tree is done, down come the helicopters. I have to collect those from my landscaping and my pool. Otherwise, EVERY SINGLE ONE will germinate. Maybe not right now, but certainly next spring. Last year was my second season with my new landscaping around the maple tree and I learned the hard way that those helicopters must be collected.

I'm so glad I found this site before I had my pool installed. Otherwise, I'd have the inline chlorinator, know very little about water chemistry, and probably would not know about using Queen size knee highs as skimmer socks!

14. Back To Top    #14

I think I'm finally safe in putting my skimmer socks back on. For about 6 weeks now if I left them on they clogged in a few hours.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

15. Back To Top    #15

In the Industry

I'm gonna' invent "Instant Tree Poison" and sell it on TFTestkits. I'll make a killing!
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

16. Back To Top    #16

Now, now Duraleigh, no reason to reinvent the wheel. There are many chemicals to choose from to poison a tree. There are also non-chemical routes. May I suggest ground level pruning? There is a growth retardant for Sweet Gum trees. I believe it minimizes or eliminates the prickly sweet gum balls that fall off the trees. Let's work up something for grass instead. If I only had to mow it once a month it would be great.

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by S1ngram View Post
    Now, now Duraleigh, no reason to reinvent the wheel. There are many chemicals to choose from to poison a tree. There are also non-chemical routes. May I suggest ground level pruning? There is a growth retardant for Sweet Gum trees. I believe it minimizes or eliminates the prickly sweet gum balls that fall off the trees. Let's work up something for grass instead. If I only had to mow it once a month it would be great.
    Buffalo grass. I learned about it in a horticulture class. Mow it once or twice a year. Grows to about 4". It's a natural recurring grass that we have replaced with our thick bladed, super thirsty grasses.

30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100

18. Back To Top    #18

Yes, n40sxguy, I have heard about buffalo grass. When I worked for the Cooperative Extension Service several years ago, I gave it as a recommendation for someone that wanted to go 'all natural' in their lawn and landscape. I'm not sure if they ever did it or not. I always got the impression that it wasn't very thick, but I'm not sure if that's right or not.

19. Back To Top    #19

I need to invest I some grass. I'll see if buffalo grass is the way to go. There went all my drinking money.
    Two crappy distribution boxes and a T at the end converted into one big distribution box. Welcome to the world of septic systems.

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by KineKilla View Post
    My battle is with the neighbors Cottonwood trees right now! They are a disaster on a pool owners patience.
    I agree !.. thinking about a chainsaw at 2am.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh View Post
    I'm gonna' invent "Instant Tree Poison" and sell it on TFTestkits. I'll make a killing!
    i would buy it by the case
    15ft Round, Above Ground , Rheem 106K Heater , Black Diamond 90 Cartridge Filter, Pool Frog(disconnected) ,TF-100, City of Chicagos finest H20

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast