Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Questions about the filter bags?

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Questions about the filter bags?

After you rinse out the filter bags on your robot cleaner, do you let them dry out or do you reinstall them immediately?

Secondly, does anyone ever wash them with bleach or in their washing machine after rinsing? Just wondering if they get algae growing in them or not? I do rinse them immediately after vacuuming the pool.

Thanks, PJ.
    Intex 24'x12'x52" Ultra Frame (2014), 8400 gallons (31800 litres), Intex sand filter and pump, Intex SWG, AquaBot Pura4xi, solar blanket. Proud owner of Hydropool Serenity 5 Hot Tub! Taylor K-2006 Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Questions about the filter bags?

Let them dry. Never wash.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

+1 what bobo said
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

I spray mine out after each cleaning and hand wash every few and let air dry.
    24' x 52" AG / Hayward Sand Filter
    Hayward Power-Flo 2 Speed Pump
    TF100 test kit / Pool Rover Hybrid Robot
    St. Louis, MO *GO CARDINALS*

5. Back To Top    #5

I have a few (3 at the moment) that I cycle through, so they get to dry.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

6. Back To Top    #6

Are you asking what I do, or what Maytronics says to do? .

I have a couple of older Dolphin Diagnostics, which have the very thick filter bags. I generally take the bag off, turn it inside-out, rinse with a hose, wring it out, turn it right side-in, and stick it right back in Dolphin. When rinsing it out does not seem to be enough, I run it through the washing machine, by itself, using detergent and bleach. Funny enough it is about every 60 days or so.. My newer Dolphin has a very thin bag which I don't use, so I can't say what I'd do with it.

Maytronics says "Wash the filter bag or cartridge. Clogged filter bags/cartridges reduce scanning and cleaning efficiency. Once every 60 days, machine wash the filter bag in a washing machine using a regular synthetic cycle and light detergent. Hang to air dry.

Jim R.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks for the input folks! My Aquabot has two filter bags inside, so perhaps I will order a second set as well.

PJ
    Intex 24'x12'x52" Ultra Frame (2014), 8400 gallons (31800 litres), Intex sand filter and pump, Intex SWG, AquaBot Pura4xi, solar blanket. Proud owner of Hydropool Serenity 5 Hot Tub! Taylor K-2006 Test Kit.

8. Back To Top    #8

I have owned 3 different units through the years and have always hosed washed and air dried
    IG Vinyl -30,000 (20x40)
    Hayward Pro Grid DE Filter/Hayward rebuilt 1 HP Pump
    AutoPilot DIG-220 RC52 SWCG
    TF-100 Test Kit
    Aquabot Bravo

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

I just rinse mine with the hose and let them dry. Extras are nice to have on hand.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process