Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Oval pool straps? Help!

1. Back To Top    #1

Oval pool straps? Help!

A neighbor is giving us his older 15 x 24 x 52 above ground oval pool. The straps underneath are rusted & falling apart, the track has some rust spots & the wall has a few rust spots as well. The track is no big deal, it can be fixed,so can the rust spots on the wall. The problem we are having is finding the straps for sale online, or even an alternative to using the straps. If you know nothing about oval pools please don't comment, this is a problem that needs someone with experience. Oval pools are set up differently than round. Thanks in advance!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Oval pool straps? Help!

Welcome to the forum.. First step is to know what brand the pool is.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Or if the brand isn't marked, does he know where it was purchased? The local pool stores are actually pretty helpful in situations like this.
    27k gallon 33' round, partially buried 22" Sandman sand filter, 1.5hp 2 speed TidalWave pump, Pentair 'Lil Shark with leaf canister, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Not sure of the brand. The straps are actually still intact my husband realized after removing more sand. Now it's the rust on the walls I worry about. I will post pics in a different thread.