Which Ebay solar heater would you buy?

Trick

Silver Supporter
Apr 21, 2015
Waterford, MI
As others have said, bigger is better, it is all about surface area, and to provide effective heating you need solar heater panels at least equal to 50% of the surface area of your pool. Otherwise it is a bit like trying to heat a house with a plug in cube heater.

As to these ebay solar panels, I consider them ok for seasonal pools where they will be stored in the off season in a climate controlled location, I also view them as semi-disposable, if you get more than 3-4 years out them them consider yourself lucky. To a degree this is a matter of you get what you pay for, but beyond a certain price point you are paying for the 10-15-20 year warranty.

Ike

p.s. pooldv, the Techno-Solis panels, are a lot more beefy than these ebay panels. A 4x12 techno-solis panel has a dry weight of 29 pounds, or another way about .6 pounds per sq ft dry. I suspect these panels are around half as heavy, which is the approximate weight of the 20 ft x30 inch Eco-Saver panels on Amazon

I did figure these to be somewhat disposable. 80sq.ft for $175 is cheap cheap.

You could not make a system yourself for that price. I have a 4x8 cpvc solar panel project I started but set aside for a number of reasons, but cost compared to these Ebay solar panels was one of them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.