Raising FC level with SWG

00xavier

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Sep 10, 2013
Melrose, NY
Hello,

I installed a SWG on Friday and I am trying raise my FC level for a barbecue tomorrow. My SWG is running at 100% and I am currently running my pump from 8 am to 8 pm. What do you recommend? Here are my numbers:

FC - 1 pm
pH - 7.3
TA - 70
CH - 300
CYA - 40 - (I am currently using the sock method to raise it to 75)
Borates - 50
Salt - 4000 ppm

Using the SWCG to raise FC will shorten the cell life. You're better off manually adding chlorine if you need to raise FC (I use bleach) and just use the SWCG to maintain the target FC level.

I learned this the expensive way. My first cell which I used to raise FC/"super chlorinate" lasted 4 years. The second cell which I just used to maintain target FC level lasted 7 years (I just replaced it three weeks ago).

Using the SWCG to raise FC will shorten the cell life. You're better off manually adding chlorine if you need to raise FC (I use bleach) and just use the SWCG to maintain the target FC level.

I learned this the expensive way. My first cell which I used to raise FC/"super chlorinate" lasted 4 years. The second cell which I just used to maintain target FC level lasted 7 years (I just replaced it three weeks ago).

I am 1000% with you on this one.

I run my salt cell at 70-80% and supplement with LC if there is heavy use or the cover is going to be open for the sun to burn off chlorine. Both happen rarely and the 70% is enough to keep my FC where it needs to be. Using the super chlorinate will shorten the life of your cell.

Just make sure to pour into the pool in front of return. I would say you can use pool math just don't overshoot too far knowing that your SWG is still making chlorine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.