quick question re: time

Vince-1961

Jul 1, 2014
St. Simons Island, GA
I anticipate a heavy load on pool tomorrow for Memorial Day. Today, as I was vacuuming up a ridiculously large accumulation of crud on the floor since yesterday, I noticed water was cloudy, so I tested and surprise, FC was below 2 ppm. I added a gallon of 10% bleach to bring FC up to the mid-teens.

Question: How much of that will bleed off overnight and with morning sun? In other words, what is my anticipated FC level for tomorrow afternoon when the crowd arrives?

PS- using this solar blanket sure has warmed the pool up a lot, but it also seems to be making my FC levels go haywire.

PPS. - apparently I messed up the timing between my pump and the SWCG; hence no generation of chlorine...either that or the solar blanket is more difficult to manage than I anticipated.

Need to know the CYA level to even guess what the FC level should be and how fast it will drop. But the simplest thing is to just measure FC an hour before guests arrive and dump some bleach in to bring it up to the top of the target for your CYA. If there's a bunch of people and nice weather, set the SWG on high.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.