Frog system and getting rid of this system

I am in real help with how I eliminate the frog system! I am so upset and sorry to be blunt but extremely ****** at the company Leslie's Pools supply. I had started an order for 12 pack of the frog bac pac that was $215.99 but they were offering 20% off on orders placed thru Monday which would have saved me $43.20. In the meantime that I put the items in my cart I thought I had posted a post asking for advice on how to stop using the frog system. Since it is connected to the filter I wasn't sure if it was possible to bypass it or eliminate the frog. I wasn't sure if this would require me to buy a new filter or what I needed to do. I had also asked for advice as to chemicals I should use to replace them. I was attempting to see if I had any responses to my post but honestly couldn't even find my post so not sure if I did it correctly or if this post will even be seen. Anyway in the meantime, Leslie's increased the price of the 12 pack to $443.99 which is more than double the original price. How does a company more than double sales price in less then a couple hours. Please, please let me know how I can eliminate the frog so I can move on to a clear & safe pool. Any advice would b greatly appreciated!!'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simply take the refill out of the frog and never put another one in. Others will tell you how if you want to remove it completely.

Meanwhile, read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School. That'll get you started understanding a bit about what we teach and ask us lot's of questions. You will get lots of answers.

Anyway in the meantime, Leslie's increased the price of the 12 pack to $443.99 which is more than double the original price. How does a company more than double sales price in less then a couple hours

If you really want to be happy about removing the frog, there is only 2.2 lbs of trichlor tabs in a bac pac. In bulk you can get the same trichlor for $3/lb. So there is less than $7 worth of chlorine in those $20 bac pacs (how Leslie's raised the price that much I don't know, I think it was a mistake). Add that to the mineral pac adding silver and copper to your water, and trichlor adding a bunch of CYA and it is just a terrible system all around! It was installed on my pool when I bought the house and I ripped it out as soon as I found TFP.

pooldv posted some great links to give you an idea what TFP is all about and what it takes to maintain a Trouble Free Pool. It can be overwhelming at first read, but I promise you that it actually turns out to be really simple after you give it a try.

You say it's part of the filter. I've never heard of that. Got a picture? They are usually just a little system that is connected online after the filter.

That is what I am sure they mean. The frog is pretty much like a nature 2 as far install goes.

As stated pull the insert out and move on to TFP method and enjoy the massive amounts of $$ that will stay in your bank account.

Post up a picture and we can probably help you remove it from your plumbing system if you so choose.

That is what I am sure they mean. The frog is pretty much like a nature 2 as far install goes.

As stated pull the insert out and move on to TFP method and enjoy the massive amounts of $$ that will stay in your bank account.

Post up a picture and we can probably help you remove it from your plumbing system if you so choose.

I didn't know if I missed something and they made some new monstrosity that was a filter with a cartridge port or something. Anything to keep you on the crazy pool store train.
Shouldn't be any problem to remove. I ripped mine out a couple days ago when I installed my new swg.

I will load a pic of the filter Ina bit but I have to say you all have made me feel a lot better. Yesterday when I went online to make the purchase of the 12 pack of bac pac and they had more than doubled the price I cried for hours. I'm on a limited income so this was quite a blow. Sounds ridiculous I know but my pool gives me a lot of happiness in the summer and our season is much too short to begin with. I actually called Leslie's and told them how ridiculous it was since I had bought one on the 20th and it was only $18.99. I will share a pic of what I was able to screenshot of the price increase yesterday and a pic of filter shortly. I have a lot of reading to do but I feel like

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We have your back!

Just take everything out of the system. There is no need for it. There is no need to even have the empty packs in it.

We can and will save you SO much money you will be oh so happy you found TFP!

Next read the links provided. You will find that we are all about YOU taking care of your pool. Easy and cheap! There are really only three things you will have to buy:
1. a good test kit-look at my siggy below for the link to them. The TF-100 is the best bang for the buck.

2. bleach/chlorine-yes like you can buy at Walmart! Just plain bleach, greater value, no scents or anything. Shop around for your best prices. Some find it at Walmart, some find it at Sams, some at the local pool store (that is just about the only thing they get from there). I find my best price at my local ACE Hardware up the road. Make sure it has the % listed and has a current date code.

3.you might need to buy muractic acid to adjust your PH. We will not know if you need it until you get your test kit in.

So now you know what to do. Step by step:
1. find TFP-done
2. ask questions-done
3.order test kit-working on
4. find good bleach price-working on

When you get your test kit let us know and we can help you with the test and what you need to do.

At first it feels like a lot but with time and reading and rereading you will know how to do it on your own. Until and after we are here for you!

Kim

You can just leave the frog hooked up. If you DON'T put anything in the frog nothing is going into the pool so it won't change anything whether it's still hooked up or not.

Basically your going to add bleach in front of the return instead of using the frog.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.