Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Leaks?

1. Back To Top    #1

Leaks?

OK filling up the Intex and can't tell if we have a leak? Might sound crazy but I laid my padding down Friday evening along with a tarp to go over the insulation then constructed the pool yesterday. We had rain Friday night and early Saturday morning so I can't tell if the tarp is wet due to rain Or a leak?

Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Leaks?

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...el-bucket-test

Try that procedure----when it quits raining of course!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you Woody I will try that once the pool is up but. If I have a leak it's on the floor so a question I have is there an easy way to see the leak on the bottom of the pool. Just don't know if I should Continue the filling process if I think there might be a leak but visually I don't see anything when looking in the pool. if there is a leak its just a trickle right now.

4. Back To Top    #4

What you are probably seeing is the result of the rain. But, there are lots of articles about using food coloring to find a leak. When I had an Intex pool, I used a product that you dump in the water and it seals leaks. It worked well but the holes were very small.
    Last edited by f3justusc; 05-25-2015 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Autocorrect hates me.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

5. Back To Top    #5

Do you recall the name of the product that your dumped in the water? Sounds intriguing
    Gallons: 5000 Gallons
    Pool: 15' Saltwater 5000
    Filter: Pentair 1 HP Optiflow Pump w/ Clean & Clear 75Sq Ft Cartridge Filter
    SWG: Intex CS8110

6. Back To Top    #6

All is good here no leaks

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

Curious what the product was should I ever need it?

- - - Updated - - -

Yay!
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

8. Back To Top    #8

Fix a Leak. Got it from Amazon and it works great on tiny pinhole leaks. Instructions may be followed precisely. I still have 3/4 of the bottle.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

Thanks
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process