Ideas wanted for landscaping around Intex Ultra.

Jul 22, 2014
Oakbank, Canada
Just put my pool back up, but I made a mess of the surrounding area in doing so. The old one was more or less in a large sand box, as I had a 20' box I built around it and just put sand it for looks, etc. I am looking for ideas on what to place around the border of the pool instead of waiting for grass to grow back. My wife kind of shy on the river stone (smooth round, or ovel stones) she thinks they will harm the liner. And she does not want "tree bark".......

Any ideas or pics of what others have done?

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 254
Smooth rocks will not harm the liner. You can place landscape edging a few inches from the pool liner and then place the rocks. Search the forum for Intex Pool Landscaping.

I agree with her about mulch - makes it way into the pool and creates a mess.

I don't have a pic handy but we used river rock at our old house with the kids' blue Intex pool. I don't think those are as well made as your ultra, and it was fine with the river rock for years. (Might still be - we moved and got rid of the pool) We had plants in the rock around it as well.

Landscaping around base of Intex Ultra Frame pools

Hopefully this link will work right. I'm not used to linking stuff with tapatalk.

It should take you to a thread that has some nice pics of landscaping around intex pools.
If I didn't plan on moving in the next couple of years I'd be doing something fancy with mine! As it stands this year I finally added a small border (less than 1 foot from the pool) with metal edging and brown rubber mulch. I really like it and it was a good compromise since I am trying not to disturb any more grass that I figure I'll want back when it's time to sell my house. :)

We live in a very rural area, and did not wish to spend a lot of money on our pool landscaping but had the "INTEX" logo showing towards our deck (we had an existing deck and could not build or extend the deck to the pool area for a variety of reasons), but so as to cover the "warning" writing and the "INTEX" log so that was not all you saw as you entered our back deck area, we took a page from some of the things we saw online and did our own version. Yeah, it may be a little "redneck" but it's only the two of us (and very occasionally a grand child or nephew) so it's our own little backyard oasis. Note: The steps are substantial in comparison to the pool, however, my husband is of a certain age and is diabetic and I didn't want any chance of him falling on the ladder that comes with the pool. Pool 1a.jpg

Reactions: LANash
We live in a very rural area, and did not wish to spend a lot of money on our pool landscaping but had the "INTEX" logo showing towards our deck (we had an existing deck and could not build or extend the deck to the pool area for a variety of reasons), but so as to cover the "warning" writing and the "INTEX" log so that was not all you saw as you entered our back deck area, we took a page from some of the things we saw online and did our own version. Yeah, it may be a little "redneck" but it's only the two of us (and very occasionally a grand child or nephew) so it's our own little backyard oasis. Note: The steps are substantial in comparison to the pool, however, my husband is of a certain age and is diabetic and I didn't want any chance of him falling on the ladder that comes with the pool. View attachment 36921

I put the same stuff around my Intex and I liked it. The steps look great!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.