Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ideas wanted for landscaping around Intex Ultra.

1. Back To Top    #1

Ideas wanted for landscaping around Intex Ultra.

Just put my pool back up, but I made a mess of the surrounding area in doing so. The old one was more or less in a large sand box, as I had a 20' box I built around it and just put sand it for looks, etc. I am looking for ideas on what to place around the border of the pool instead of waiting for grass to grow back. My wife kind of shy on the river stone (smooth round, or ovel stones) she thinks they will harm the liner. And she does not want "tree bark".......

Any ideas or pics of what others have done?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ideas wanted for landscaping around Intex Ultra.

Smooth rocks will not harm the liner. You can place landscape edging a few inches from the pool liner and then place the rocks. Search the forum for Intex Pool Landscaping.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

3. Back To Top    #3

I agree with her about mulch - makes it way into the pool and creates a mess.

I don't have a pic handy but we used river rock at our old house with the kids' blue Intex pool. I don't think those are as well made as your ultra, and it was fine with the river rock for years. (Might still be - we moved and got rid of the pool) We had plants in the rock around it as well.
    27k gallon 33' round, partially buried 22" Sandman sand filter, 1.5hp 2 speed TidalWave pump, Pentair 'Lil Shark with leaf canister, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I ended up just using the sand I had leftover, turned out fine. It will do for now.
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.

5. Back To Top    #5

Landscaping around base of Intex Ultra Frame pools

Hopefully this link will work right. I'm not used to linking stuff with tapatalk.

It should take you to a thread that has some nice pics of landscaping around intex pools.
    If I didn't plan on moving in the next couple of years I'd be doing something fancy with mine! As it stands this year I finally added a small border (less than 1 foot from the pool) with metal edging and brown rubber mulch. I really like it and it was a good compromise since I am trying not to disturb any more grass that I figure I'll want back when it's time to sell my house.
    18' x 48" (42" water depth) Intex Metal Frame 6,700 Gallons
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.0 HP pump
    Hayward Pro Series S166T Sand Filter
    Original Intex Floating Skimmer

6. Back To Top    #6

We live in a very rural area, and did not wish to spend a lot of money on our pool landscaping but had the "INTEX" logo showing towards our deck (we had an existing deck and could not build or extend the deck to the pool area for a variety of reasons), but so as to cover the "warning" writing and the "INTEX" log so that was not all you saw as you entered our back deck area, we took a page from some of the things we saw online and did our own version. Yeah, it may be a little "redneck" but it's only the two of us (and very occasionally a grand child or nephew) so it's our own little backyard oasis. Note: The steps are substantial in comparison to the pool, however, my husband is of a certain age and is diabetic and I didn't want any chance of him falling on the ladder that comes with the pool. Pool 1a.jpg

7. Back To Top    #7

Gen, that's really cute and fun -- kind of a tiki theme. I'm sure your grandchildren love it, too!
    Intex Metal Frame Vinyl (purchased in 2012 and still going strong!) - 13' x 3.25' - ~3200 gallons
    Intex Krystal Clear Model 603 Filter Pump (530 gal. per hour) | SolarPRO XD1 Above-ground Pool Heater
    Sparkling Small Pools Club: There's no need to drain if you test and maintain. :)

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Gen View Post
    We live in a very rural area, and did not wish to spend a lot of money on our pool landscaping but had the "INTEX" logo showing towards our deck (we had an existing deck and could not build or extend the deck to the pool area for a variety of reasons), but so as to cover the "warning" writing and the "INTEX" log so that was not all you saw as you entered our back deck area, we took a page from some of the things we saw online and did our own version. Yeah, it may be a little "redneck" but it's only the two of us (and very occasionally a grand child or nephew) so it's our own little backyard oasis. Note: The steps are substantial in comparison to the pool, however, my husband is of a certain age and is diabetic and I didn't want any chance of him falling on the ladder that comes with the pool. Pool 1a.jpg
    I put the same stuff around my Intex and I liked it. The steps look great!
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

9. Back To Top    #9

Thanks, guys. Yeah, it goes with your tiki themed deck. : ) And yes, the grandchildren and the nephews seem to like it well enough. LOL. Tiki Hut Patio.jpgEthan Schools Out 2.jpg

10. Back To Top    #10

That is pretty cool, where you get that from?

11. Back To Top    #11

I saw on Saturday that K-Mart here has a similar product. Not sure of the price but I saw it in the lawn and garden section.
    27k gallon 33' round, partially buried 22" Sandman sand filter, 1.5hp 2 speed TidalWave pump, Pentair 'Lil Shark with leaf canister, TF-100 Test Kit

12. Back To Top    #12

personally for me i just used the fake green grass carpet on the ground so once it's down the kids could play in that area when it snows etc....
    Intex Ultra Frame 16'x48" sand filter w/intex SWG.
    Pool Blaster Max Vacuum
    3rd year with Intex and no problems
    Pentair Mastertemp BTU 125/ propane
    Taylor K2006 Complete FAS-DPD