Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Agp plumbing question

1. Back To Top    #1

Agp plumbing question

We will soon have a 21' above ground installed and I want to be sure the plumbing plan I have is good.
    I bought 6 of these for $50 shipped to use throughout since they are a on/off valve plus union http://www.amazon.com/89653-Precisio.../dp/B0032JSQ6G
    My pump and filter is 1-1/5 HP 22" sand filter 520-1700 22″ Sand Filter 1.5 HP Center Discharge Pump 2.5 sq. ft. 50 GPM 24,000 30,000 150 3 ft. NEMA
    We also will use a Chlorinator http://www.sunplay.com/king-technolo...920-01-05-0920

The equipment will be 5-6 feet from the pool on a small slab I will pour and my electrician will run a dedicated GFCI plug to the site.
    Will 1/1/2" SCH 40 hard PVC be large enough
    I want them under ground to keep the area around the pool neat.
    21' NEW YORKER II 54" DEEP AGP Private Label MORADA RTR WILBAR Aluminum wall
    Hard Bottom and 1/4" Floor Pad 1/8" Wall Foam Well Water Perma 2500 Unibead liner King Technology Pool Chlorine Feeder HAYWARD Diver Dave cleaner
    Waterway 22″ Sand Filter 1.5 HP Center Discharge Pump Single speed Wide Mouth skimmer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Agp plumbing question

1.5 is gonna be just fine. That's a bit much pump for that size filter and pool size though.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

I had thought of keeping my old 1HP 19" set-up but after looking around at what comes in most pool equipment packages decided to buy new 1.5 HP set up It was on sale online for $334.00 delivered to my door.
    My old pump brought $250 on CL so I am starting with all new pool filter and pump
    Hard Bottom and 1/4" Floor Pad 1/8" Wall Foam Well Water Perma 2500 Unibead liner King Technology Pool Chlorine Feeder HAYWARD Diver Dave cleaner
    Waterway 22″ Sand Filter 1.5 HP Center Discharge Pump Single speed Wide Mouth skimmer

4. Back To Top    #4

That "sale" price is gonna end up costing you more money over time in electricity costs. Been there, done that!
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

I'm not an AGP person and my pump knowledge is limited, but wouldn't a 2-speed pump be more ideal since sand filters work better at lower speeds? You can use the low speed for everyday turnover and filtration and then kick it up to high speed as-needed for vacuuming. A 2-speed pump will also save you money in the long run by cutting down the electrical cost.

I'm an in ground pool owner and I love that I can run my variable speed pump on low when all I need is water turnover.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

6. Back To Top    #6

I wish I would have done this research before I bought the pump and filter system.
    It is going to be a few weeks until the pool gets installed so it may be time to list it on CL and see if I can get out of it without too big of a hit and buy a 2 speed.
    It is just the pump that is my weak link not the sand filter part correct?

We ran the 1HP pump all last summer and really did not notice a big jump in electricity cost.

7. Back To Top    #7

Still looking for information

8. Back To Top    #8

Your filter size is appropriate for that size pool.