Prestige Blue cloudy water....

May 24, 2015
Scottsville Va
Hello everyone, newbie here to the forum. My above ground pool is approximately 4 years old and I use Prestige Blue. Have never had an issue yet opening my pool until a few days ago when I took my cover off and had swamp water. My cover took a beating this past winter and there were some tears, so I'm not sure if that's why my water was green or not. I started off by getting everything hooked up and vacuumed the bottom of my pool, there was dark green film on the bottom. My PH and ALK were low so I added about 10 lbs of baking soda (recommend by my pool company) then I went ahead and added all my prestige chemicals. After several hours the green color went away, but now my water is very cloudy and I notice very fine black paticles floating around. I am having to continually backwash my pump probably every 3 hours. Does anyone here have any recommendations about how I can go about clearing up the cloudy water, and does anyone here also use prestige blue???

Welcome to TFP!

Do you mean "Pristine" Blue? If so, it is a copper based system which we strongly recommend against. If it is "Prestige", then I have near heard of it and a quick Internet search doesn't turn up anything.

Cleaning up the water requires making sure all the algae is killed, and then filtering all of the dead algae out of the water. That will mean many cycles of running the filter and then backwashing the filter. As you proceed, you will get more and more time between filter backwashings.

Yes Prestine Blue, sorry about that stupid auto correct on my phone lol

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly I absolutely hate Prestine Blue, there's nobody local that carries it so I have to order everything online. I wonder if there's anyway possible to switch over and how hard and expensive would it be?

It is possible and you've come to the right place! Welcome to TFP!

Pool chemistry isn't that difficult to figure out and it doesn't have to be expensive. That said, you should make a decision....to follow the pool store advice or to follow TFP. The two methods don't mesh well.

Check out Pool School...there's a link at the top of each page. Do some reading and see if it's for you. If so...order a reliable test kit. Pool store test readings are not reliable.

Once you have the kit and run your own numbers, post them back here and you will get a wealth of advice on how to go to crystal clear without breaking the bank.

:wave:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.