Test Results - 1st test of season

Apr 29, 2013
Willard, Ohio
3rd year with TFP and loving the simple, easy, and reliable process. Opened pool last night, circulated pump all night, vacuumed this morning, and got 1st round of test results. Water is very clear and sparkling:
PH 7.2
FC 5.5
CC 0
TA 110
CH 200
CYA 20

Tested CYA 3 times and got same result each time. Ordered new set of chemistry this year. Noticed that R-0012 drops are very tiny - had to use double the drops to get same result as last year. Does that sound right?
So, PoolMath says to add stabilizer to get CYA back to 40, add borax to raise pH, and add bleach to raise FC to shock level. Am I ok to proceed with this, or is there anything else I need to do first?

1. Your numbers look very nice and thanks for posting that your water is clear.....that helps

2. Your CYA is too low. dose enough to get your pool up to 40 ppm.

3. CH - What ppm are you posting? 200 (same as last year)

Why are you slamming the pool? I'd bring it to target and get swimming based off of your OP.
I would love to do that. Just assumed I had to SLAM and do the overnight chlorine loss test. Just for startup. If I don't need to, then great!

- - - Updated - - -

Well, something is amiss.

Is your kit a TF-100?

Yes - full set of TZ-100 refills. Just got it a couple of months ago.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.