Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Leaky Polaris 360 Hose

1. Back To Top    #1

Leaky Polaris 360 Hose

Hi,

I have a polaris 360 with the large diameter hose. It does a great job but the hose keeps splitting and leaking so I have to cut off the leaky sections and reattach the hose. At $25 per six foot section it is getting to be an expensive repair. Is there an alternative to using the polaris branded hose?

Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Leaky Polaris 360 Hose

I would suggest replacing that section of hose rather than cutting and reattaching the same hose. Sounds like the hose is at the end of its life span and can spring a new leak at any time. I have a Polaris 360 and you should get a couple of years out of a new hose - minimum.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by BoDarville View Post
    I would suggest replacing that section of hose rather than cutting and reattaching the same hose. Sounds like the hose is at the end of its life span and can spring a new leak at any time. I have a Polaris 360 and you should get a couple of years out of a new hose - minimum.
    Thanks how long should the hose last? I replaced the entire hose about 2 years ago.

4. Back To Top    #4

It depends a lot on how smooth your pool surface is and the quality of the materials in the hose. It's a "wear item", so just figure on a segment or two every three or four years, but your "mileage" is unique to your pool.

I've bought at Leslies, I've bought on line. It's pretty much all made in the same Chinese prison. LOL.
    SWG: CircuPool (May 2014) SI30+Plus; 3000ppm seems ideal;
    My Ideal Specs:
    FC 5; PH 7.4-7.6; TA 90; CH 350; CYA 75; = SI ~ 0.19
    14,000 gal, in ground, plaster, Cartridge filter, Borates
    TAYLOR K - 2006