Please Help with My First Trouble Free Attempt

Thanks Dan,

I just read that in another thread. I then thought, how the heck do I remove the light? Then, of course, because everyone on here selflessly share info, it was explained a little further down in the thread.

Hopefully, I can turn off the breaker, unscrew the light and bring it out easily.Will try this afternoon when I jump in to vacuum.

the light doesn't unscrew. there should just be a single screw at the bottom. you remove that and the entire capsule/light will come out. the light fixture is waterproof and sealed and has a long cord coiled behind it. it should be long enough to pull the fixture out and place on the deck. the niche is the cylinder/hole in the side of pool, that's what you will be cleaning, along with the light fixture itself. if your bulb is still working, no reason at all to open up the enclosure/capsule

the light doesn't unscrew. there should just be a single screw at the bottom. you remove that and the entire capsule/light will come out. the light fixture is waterproof and sealed and has a long cord coiled behind it. it should be long enough to pull the fixture out and place on the deck. the niche is the cylinder/hole in the side of pool, that's what you will be cleaning, along with the light fixture itself. if your bulb is still working, no reason at all to open up the enclosure/capsule

just for future reference. Our light doesn't have any screws or require any tools to remove. The entire light and housing turns CCW 30 degrees and comes out of the cavity. This is a new LED style that was built a year ago, so it's probably not the case for many existing builds but probably will be going forward.

Chris, my light is not that easy! Ac tually it wasn't too bad. The screw was on top so i could reach it without holding my breath in the deep end

Kim...lots of floating stuff came out. It is dying. Also found some algae in mu skimmers. Need a toothebrush for that one. My project tomorrow morning.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I really don't think you will be set up. Maybe pausing progress but not going backwards. Does she know to pour it in from of the return with the pump on? (I have to ask as my husband does not have a clue about our pool other than swimming in it LOL)

Kim

Pool looks so much better! School ended today, so perfect timing for my kids.

Pool is clear! Pic tomorrow.

Trying the OCLT test if I can drag my butt up in the morning.

Just now:
FC 12
CC .5

Fingers crossed!
If it doesn't pass, just let the FC drift down a bit and let the kids in... after you equipped them with nylon scrub brushes. Between the scrubbing and the swimming, they'll get any residual stuff stirred up to be filtered out. Devise a game to see who can hold their breath and scrub underwater the longest. Then resume the SLAM later on.

NOOOoooooo. Failed the OCLT test. dropped .2 overnight...getting close.

Richard, I like your idea of nylon brushes!

Since the FC was under 10 I figured I would do a full test:

FC 7
CC .5
PH 7.4
TA 110
CH 175
CYA <30. Barely saw the drop tried it twice....cloudy sky, back turned, etc. This test gives me trepidation

Adding CYA and bleach.

If you only lost .2 overnight then you passed. If it was 2 and you accidentally put the . In front of the 2 then I am sorry you failed, but you should be getting close.

- - - Updated - - -

I personally would not worry about OLCT until your pool is clear.

Thanks Lisa....I meant 2.
.2 would have been great!

My pool is clear...unfortunately the clarity lets me see the stuff that keeps buildign on the bottom after I vacuum. I would post a pic but I have exceeded the pic size limit.

Richard, 4 kids in the pool for a couple of hours today. 2 of them aren't mine, so I didn't make them wear nylon brushes....this time!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.