hayward aquarite salt level issue

May 22, 2015
brooklyn, ny
Hello,

I am having a strange issue. First this is a brand new cell. My aquarite is reporting instant salt level at -8200. (very, very high) But the light high salt is not 'on' which is strange I think. Also I went and did a dipstick test by using aquacheck test strips and those report a salt level of about 1200. Can anyone offer any suggestions? The cell type is configured correctly in the aquarite panel.

thanks

When the unit first sends power to the cell, it takes about a minute for the instant salt reading to stabilize. It starts high and goes down until it reaches the measured level. Another possibility is that recently added salt is flowing through the system causing higher than actual readings. For example, salt dumped in the pool can get sucked up by the main drain.

When the unit first sends power to the cell, it takes about a minute for the instant salt reading to stabilize. It starts high and goes down until it reaches the measured level. Another possibility is that recently added salt is flowing through the system causing higher than actual readings. For example, salt dumped in the pool can get sucked up by the main drain.

Yes, the number started high but it stops at -8200. I added the salt about 3 days ago and ran the filter for more than 24 hrs now to have it dissolve and dispersed.

How did you add the salt?
Can you post all of your chemistry readings?
Can you post the diagnostic readings from the box?
What was your salt level before adding salt?
I would suspect that the salt level is high due to relying on the old cell reporting lower than actual salt levels.
I would recommend getting the k-1766 salt test.

The AquaRite can't be recalibrated. All that procedure does is reset the average to the instant reading.

Most likely, the salt is actually high or concentrated salt is somehow getting in the system.

Try brushing the pool and cleaning out the skimmers. Then allow the system to run for at least 24 hours and then test the salt level with the k-1766 or a calibrated salt meter.

At 8200, it's should taste pretty salty. Have you tried that? When I over salt mine, @ 4000 the salt taste is noticeable but that's about it.

Definitely get it tested at a pool store, preferably two pool stores. You are either way over on salt, or something in the cell or the controller is not working correctly.

I've got a very similar problem. With through last year with a bad cell reading low all the time. ( 8 years old) this year I opened the pool may 1st. lots of rain and add water when opened to help reduce the salt level. My test strips are showing about 1900 but the unit starts its count down at 9900 and stops at 7400 I retest the salt and come up consistent at about 1900 to 2000. I put my garden hose traight in the skimmer pipe and the best it dropped down to was 6400 and when the hose was shut off it went straight back to 7400.
I switched back to my old cell and it reads worse than last year. Like about 1000 or so.
I am ready to send the cell back and get a whole new unit from in the swim if they will price match pool supply world. The cell cost over 50% of a whole new unit.
BTW, its a T15 40,000 gallon which is a perfect match to what i had and should be fine with my software version 1.40
ANY IDEAS??????

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.