Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AGP cover blowing off

1. Back To Top    #1

AGP cover blowing off

A friend of mine has a new Intex above ground pool that came with a cover. Wind is getting under the cover and blowing it off. Has anybody else had this problem and if so how can it be prevented. We tried putting a long 2X4 across the top of pool to hold the cover down but that didn't work. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    20' x 40' IG with vinyl liner volume approx. 35,000 gal.1.5 H.P. main pump, Polaris 280 cleaner W/ 3/4 H.P. booster pump
    Hayward sand filter, 3.14 sq ft, 62 gpm. Stenner 45 MPH10 chlorine feed pump. 1 micron final filter bags (home made and very effective)

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: AGP cover blowing off

They can get clamps at Home Depot or lowes to clamp the cover on. That is what we did.

- - - Updated - - -

http://t.homedepot.com/p/HDX-2-in-Spring-Clamp-80002/100027346
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

They undersize those covers a lot. You could order a bigger one, they are inexpensive.
    Inground 13,200 gal Vinyl, Pentair 3/4 hp pump, Pentair Sand Dollar filter, Polaris 280

Pool School, Pool Math, CYA to FC ratio chart, Testing Kits

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Azgirl71 View Post
    They can get clamps at Home Depot or lowes to clamp the cover on. That is what we did.

- - - Updated - - -

http://t.homedepot.com/p/HDX-2-in-Sp...0002/100027346
    Those clamps are a good idea. Wish I had thought of that.
    20' x 40' IG with vinyl liner volume approx. 35,000 gal.1.5 H.P. main pump, Polaris 280 cleaner W/ 3/4 H.P. booster pump
    Hayward sand filter, 3.14 sq ft, 62 gpm. Stenner 45 MPH10 chlorine feed pump. 1 micron final filter bags (home made and very effective)

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

My husband thought about it last year.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process