Can anyone help solve this enigma?
Five days ago my chlorine results were
I was instructed by the pool store to shock... so I did.
Yesterday my results were
I decided to use the TFP method and my new Taylor test kit to handle it myself.
I did that math to bring my FC up to 14 (10x the CC) using bleach. I did this last night at 8 p.m.
At 11:00 this morning I did another test.
FC is at 14 (it didn't decrease over night?)
CC is at 1.4
Why are my FC and CC staying the same?
I think I remember this starting to happen at the end of the season last year. The pool store told me I had phosphates which were preventing the Chlorine from doing its job. Does this sound right?
I'm going out to purchase a phosphate test kit shortly.
Does anyone have any advice or know what could be going on?
The pool gets full sun pretty much all day. It's an sem-inground vinyl liner sand filter. The rest of the results were all in the normal range.
Thanks so much!