Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wireless Pool Thermometers

1. Back To Top    #1

Wireless Pool Thermometers

I would like to ask for Feedback on other members selection of Pool Thermometers. Especially the wireless/remote reading types. How and where do I add that into the forums?

I have had bad experience with the Aquatech Item 4301 marketed (at one time) by Game Inc.com. But their web site is not usable except by email and I can't get them to reply to my email.

I am currently considering the Ambient Weather WS-14 Wireless 8-Channel Floating Pool and Spa Thermometer at a price of $39.99 from Amazon.

Does any one have other experience with wireless pool temp measuring devices?

Mike Claffy RMClaffy@aol.com
    Last edited by Mike Claffy; 05-24-2015 at 08:54 AM. Reason: rephase a sentence

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Wireless Pool Thermometers

Hey Mike,
    You've picked a good one there on amazon (Ambient Weather WS-14 Wireless 8-Channel Floating Pool and Spa Thermometer) it's their #1 Best Seller. Looks like a lot of reviews have been posted.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

3. Back To Top    #3

Mike, I use the Acurite wireless Pool & Spa thermometer. Works good for about a year of continual use. Then they fail. I think I am on my forth unit? All the others fail with the sensor. I never have gotten the leaks and corrosion that everyone else complains about. I have even replaced the sensor. I buy them from Home Depot when there on sale for $20. For that price you get what pay for. Hope that helps.
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

that is exactly the model I bought, I have batteries in it and it is working fine.. I HAVE NOT been able to test in water for extended time yet (pool not build because of flooding in OK ) .. one of the complaint's was water getting in it so I used monster PTFE tape on the threads..

http://www.amazon.com/Millrose-70885...bxgy_60_text_z

Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

5. Back To Top    #5

I tried the Accu-Rite ones and they always leaked. That said, we've had some good reports with them, and one of Mods (Tim5055) has had good luck with his I believe.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by maxepr1 View Post
    Mike, I use the Acurite wireless Pool & Spa thermometer. Works good for about a year of continual use. Then they fail. I think I am on my forth unit? All the others fail with the sensor. I never have gotten the leaks and corrosion that everyone else complains about. I have even replaced the sensor. I buy them from Home Depot when there on sale for $20. For that price you get what pay for. Hope that helps.
    im on my second season with my AcuRite. I like that it interfaces with my AcuRite weather station and publishes my pool temperature to the web so I can look when I travel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_B View Post
    I tried the Accu-Rite ones and they always leaked. That said, we've had some good reports with them, and one of Mods (Tim5055) has had good luck with his I believe.
    Yup. For full disclosure, my first one did leak, but it was user error..... Can't blame them.

They are a available in the garden section of Home Depot. I have Amazon Prime and while 2 day shipping is nice, having it in my hand today is even better for my instant gratification personality.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

7. Back To Top    #7

WOW! So many fast replies. And with good advice too! Must be raining where all are, otherwise you be out by the pool; or maybe you already are at the pool with WIFI or a smart phone :>}

8. Back To Top    #8

btw, if anyone is interested in decoding the signal from the AcuRite 00617, here's a thread where we're trying: Automation: intercepting data from Acu-Rite wireless sensors
    ~15kgal IG plaster, hayward cartridge filter, old-ish pool, TF-100 test kit