Used sand filter

May 15, 2015
Smyrna, ga
Happy Memorial weekend all!!

I am looking at a sand filter in Craigslist to replace my current 24" sand filter to go bigger for better filtration. The filter in question is a Tagelus 100d. Never having opened my filter, I just want a good idea of what to look for in a used filter. I know the laterals are easily damaged, but is such damage normally visible. Cracked tanks are another thing mentioned, assume just filling with water will show this.

I understand the multiport may require a new spider gasket and there likely is no way to tell.

Other things to closely inspect?

Thanks.

Look for cracks, and don't rely on a wait until filling it up. Check all the fittings for cracks and damage as well as the multiport. Plan on seals and gaskets like the multi-port you mentioned. Damaged threads...can't think of much else, but someone may. Good luck with it, hope you get a smashing good deal.

Welcome to TFP! :cheers:

Good Day all. After some back and forth, I finally got this Tagelus TA100d, TM-22 multiport, pump, etc from a deal on Craigslist. The MPV fit on the standpipe with a little bit of coercing, twisting prior to filling and now that the filter is filled with sand it seems a bit more difficult. Wiped up everything with a damp cloth, but wondering if anyone has methods of convincing a sticky MPV to go back on the filter/standpipe? Don't want to resort to a couple of blocks and a mallet, but not sure where else to turn.

Thanks.

Good Day all. After some back and forth, I finally got this Tagelus TA100d, TM-22 multiport, pump, etc from a deal on Craigslist. The MPV fit on the standpipe with a little bit of coercing, twisting prior to filling and now that the filter is filled with sand it seems a bit more difficult. Wiped up everything with a damp cloth, but wondering if anyone has methods of convincing a sticky MPV to go back on the filter/standpipe? Don't want to resort to a couple of blocks and a mallet, but not sure where else to turn.

Thanks.

I am maybe lost.....are you talking about the multiport valve? Doesn't it attach with half-unions?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.