Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Silt on bottom of pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Silt on bottom of pool

We just had a new waterfall installed. There was a lot of rock cutting. The guys covered most of the pool when doing the work but the dust was so fine that some did get into the pool. Ive been trying to vacuum and run the polaris 280 to get most up. Ive been brushing a lot too. Anyone have any suggestions that can help me get this up? Pools all balanced.

waterfall.jpg

Looking forward to using the waterfall and pool.

Thanks in advance

Chris
    27,000 Gallon Inground Gunite Pool with 150 sq ft tanning ledge. Jandy ProFlo pump, Jandy 400K LXi NG heater, Aqualink PDA w/ iAqualink. Polaris 280 cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Silt on bottom of pool

Chris, that's a beautiful waterfall feature. Wow! When my pool was finished, there was a ton of rock dust and grout in my pool as well. All we could do is what you are currently doing ... lots of vacuuming. I have a cartridge filter, so it had to be cleaned quite often. I vacuumed manually though so that I felt I had better control of what area(s) needed attention.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Silt on bottom of pool

Texas,

Im going to pull the cartridge filters this AM and clean them then do some more vacuuming. I bought some new ones once all this is gone.

Thanks
    Chris
    27,000 Gallon Inground Gunite Pool with 150 sq ft tanning ledge. Jandy ProFlo pump, Jandy 400K LXi NG heater, Aqualink PDA w/ iAqualink. Polaris 280 cleaner.