Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need a good solar cover roller

1. Back To Top    #1

Need a good solar cover roller

Looking for a good roller. I cant convince wife to spend $450 for a rocky's, So whats my next best option? Looking to spend about $250. My 1st $80 reel is really a pos, and annoying me. Would appreciate some thoughts.
    14000 gallon 16x32 roman in ground vinyl, Hayward 140k heat pump, swg, de filter 1 1\2 HP v.s. pump. Built in June 2014. Tf100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need a good solar cover roller

Get the Rocky's, you'll never buy another one.i just saw one for $420 online. I tried 2 of the cheaper ones that fell apart. and you can anchor the rocky to the deck. One person can roll it up or unroll it.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

I found a rocky on eBay without the aluminium pole for $65! The pole will cost $200, so I got a rocky for $265!! Hope it works nice.
    14000 gallon 16x32 roman in ground vinyl, Hayward 140k heat pump, swg, de filter 1 1\2 HP v.s. pump. Built in June 2014. Tf100 test kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

Rocky's all the way!

suzook, what part are you getting from eBay?
    Lagoon shape, 23,600 Gal, steel walls by International Swimming Pools, "ultra-seam" liner by Latham, Pentair 011018 IntelliFlo 3HP Variable Speed Pump, PentAir CCP420 filter, Heat Siphon Z575HP, PentAir IC40 SWG, 2 LED Lights (Pentair Intellibrite 5G, 110V). 4 x 1.5’’return lines, 2 x 2’’skimmer lines, 1.5’’ waterfall line. All plumbing is "TigerFlex" pipe, all lines plumbed individually. Deck: travertine glued over concrete.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Ukie View Post
    Rocky's all the way!

suzook, what part are you getting from eBay?
    The whole reel except the aluminum pipe.

6. Back To Top    #6

Just ordered a Rocky's myself. Hoping it lives up to the expectations. I paid bought the $420 online and an 8 mil cover. Wanted my wife and perhaps my oldest child to be able to handle the cover if needed.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons