My 2nd year on the TPF method

nuce70

Jul 18, 2014
Deptford, NJ
Last year I discovered this site and it was the best thing for my pool. I opened pool this year and it was a little green and cloudy. My numbers are

Ph 7.6
Ta 90
Cal 80
CYA 50
FC 6.0

I've been testing FC everyday and trying to keep it around 6.0. I usually lose about 1.0 FC/day

It has been opened and is getting better, but I want to make sure my numbers look good

No I didn't, as soon as I got the FC level up the green cleared up. Should I always SLAM when I see any green?

As a rule, it's best, but if you elevated the FC for a time and it was very minor, it might be fine. Sometimes, a short period of elevated FC can do the trick, sometimes not. If it comes back when you start keeping normal FC levels, then you'll know you should have done a SLAM procedure. Often in cases like this, you can do a SLAM and it will be a very short and easy one. Being your second season, you likely have a pretty good handle on things by now, so see how it goes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.