Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Happy to finally jump in!!

I've been doing the BBB method for years now and I have been lurking (or is it learning?) here for at least a year. My water is crystal clear and always TROUBLE FREE ;-)

I guess one thing I can say about myself is that I'm a lousy salesman! Even though my neighbors with pools always comment how awesome mine looks and they wonder why I never experience the seasonal algae blooms that their pool service "professionals" tell them about every year, I have yet to convince any of them to cut the cord (aka, service contract), take the plunge and go DIY. They constantly ask me "who does your pool?" or "Wow, which chemicals do you use?" and, when I tell them what I do, they either think I'm nuts and give me the disgusted stink-eye look or just flat out don't believe that I do it myself. It's like they think some kind of magic mermaid lives in my pool and keeps it clean?!?!? No matter, I always grin and chuckle when I see all the pool service trucks drive up through the association and then hear the tales of woe from my neighbors about their cloudy pool water problems.

Anyway, I decided to jump in as I have some pool equipment upgrade questions that I would love to hear some opinions on from the long-beards here at TFP. Nothing terribly urgent so I'll just take my time after I do some more advanced searching (like the old X-Files tag line says - "The truth is out there...")

As for why I chose that particular screen name ("handle" for any of you old-timer CB radio junkies ;) ), I think there is no noise more joyful then when my kids are in the pool yelling and carousing together on a lazy summer afternoon....

Welcome to the forum!

I don't have a beard, but there are some that do. Maybe one will still be around to help you while you need it. :D

We hear that a lot about the disbelief, but just get used to it...I remember the show well, and I'll just say that the truth, is in here. :mrgreen:

I know the feeling. I've talked in depth with two friends with pools. What did they do? Dump in more shock. I'm sitting here beating my head against a wall trying to get the horses to drink the water I lead them to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all! See you in the threads....and an extra shout-out to @Azgirl71 as Sierra Vista is just a short drive south of me! Howdy neighbor :)